+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was always sent to school on my Birthday...

From year four and up, my teacher had her bday on the same day, so that was always nice..

However, I do remember one year getting lines during lunch time ON MY BIRTHDAY cause I didn't do my home work lol.

My mum would ice up some arrowroot bikkies and I would add smarties to make faces. That's what I got to share on my birthday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD has always gone to school/daycare on her birthday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ummmm, not sure. I just let my Kindy child stay home for her sisters birthday. Her birthday falls on a Saturday this year so don't have to think about it yet. I'm thinking that she would be quite excited to go to school on her birthday though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My Mum never let us have the day off because of our birthday... I'll probably be the same. Apart from the fact is love my son to be at school and see his friends and take a cake

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I made this same thread awhile ago and was shocked to find out that the majority of families absolutely do not even consider letting their child have their birthday of from school.

This year was dd's first year at school I secretly would have liked her to have the day off but I let her choose she wanted to go so made her a special breakfast, let her open some presents before school and rode her birthday present (bike) to school. I made some special rainbow cupcakes to send with her, she wore a birthday badge and picked her up just a little early so we could still have some family time. She also got pizza with the family and cake for dinner.

At the end of the day whatever you do I don't think there is a right or wrong thing. I don't think having one day off a year for a non sick day will set a child to academically (and work) fail.

I always had my birthday off school but had the best work attendance record ever. Never had a day off.

I will from now on just give dd the choice. I never sent dd to daycare on her birthday, Christmas eve etc.
    Last edited by Jensha; 06-08-2012 at 19:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's her birthday this week and she will take a cake made up of cupcakes to share with the class.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting to read the responses

Im still undecided. I was always sent to school as a child on my birthday. However we have unfortunately learnt the hard way in our family that life is incredibly short. My husband and I both have a free day, our first born is celebrating his birthday and if it means him missing a day of school and being happy with his family than going to school unhappy than i guess that is enough for me. I will see how he feels in the morning!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (07-08-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Birthdays are a huge deal in my family. I don't think I have ever worked or been at school for one! We were always given the option to take the day off (it's just one day) and do ridiculously fun things

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Jarylee  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's funny that this comes up because in out school newsletter a few weeks ago the principal addressed this issue and made it clear that kids' birthdays were not an excuse for a day off!
    I would send mine to school on their birthday anyway because I think it's way more fun to be with all your friends and take cake etc to school and we always have a party on the weekend anyway.