+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We never had the day off for birthdays - much more fun at school!

No, I wouldn't let a child stay at home for their birthday. I think There's time after school for celebrating and I know from a teacher's point of view that having kids absent when they don't need to be is frustrating (especially if you have to catch them up)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If there was something specific being planned like a zoo trip or something like that then I would let him have the day off however if he is just going to sit at home and play computer games all day then no....he goes to school.

They make a big deal of it at school especially if you bring in a treat for the class and they have more fun there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh yeah, I have let DS1 have one birthday off because we wanted to go to Dreamworld when it was quieter!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Pina Colada  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I let DD chose and usually she wants to go to school, I however usually knock off work early if I'm working that day so I can set the house up full of balloons etc for when she gets home

6. The Following User Says Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

Pina Colada  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, my DD goes to school on her birthday. She only gets a day off if she is sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I send dd. school day birthdays are fu anyway... You get to share cakes and everyone sings you happy birthday and stuff. This year she came home a bit early because mum came up to see her... But she only missed about 1.5 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My kids go to school and get to choose what they can hand out eg, cupcakes, icecreams, mini chocolates etc.. this year dd choose mini strawberry tarts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girls love going to school on their birthday. They enjoy the extra attention and eating cupcakes with their class, much more fun than staying home with me. If we had something special planned I might consider them staying home - but usually we put the birthday celebration off until the closest weekend anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We always had the day off for our birthdays , I always made a rule not to work on mine and I've written it into all my staffs employment agreements that if their birthday falls on a work day they can have it off with full pay! ( we usually all end up going to lunch anyway!)
    But we are big birthday /event celebrators in my family so we always make a big deal for birthdays
    Dad used to take the day off for our birthdays and we always did a lunch or something fun, with DS I'll leave it up to him but i always felt extra special having the day off!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think I'll send DS1 it's his first year this year. I'm sure he would love to take in cupcakes it's what all the other kids have been doing

Eta his birthday is actually on a day off anyway lol