+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I loved finding out! With DS1 we had to as DP was really struggling with becoming a father and wasnt sure how he would cope having a girl with his first born. Finding out we were having a boy meant that he could spend the rest of the pregnancy looking forward to becoming a father.

With DS2 I had to find out....I was really struggling having another baby as I was so in love with DS1 I wasnt sure how I was going to love another so knowing the sex helped me bond better.

With DD it was a practical thing....had to know if I was to keep all the boys clothes or get girl stuff. Also knowing I was having a girl was a shock. I didnt want a girl as I wanted another boy so knowing early on in the pregnancy helped me to work out my feelings and be excited about having a girl.

For me its still a surprise if you find out during the pregnancy or at the end. Its still exciting at any time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We didn't find out this time and having 2 girls it will be an awsome surprise if bub came out a boy. Didn't find out with DD1, did with dd2 but didn't tell anyone and that was kind of annoying IMO but its what DP wanted. This time we both agreed not to find out and with 10 weeks still to go its not really bothering us too much. As with clothes im going to buy 2 new outfits to take to hospital, a girls outfit and a boys outfit! Everyone will be happy enough to go to the shops after bubs born to buy appropriate colors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted to find out, my hubby didn't until recently (then he just said he doesn't mind if I ask, but not really bothered one way or another ).
    I asked last ultrasound and their best guess is a girl I'm going out today to pick up some pretty pink clothes and blankets (from an op shop, that way I'm not spending too much if she was wrong ).

For me personally I find it easier to bond, I find saying "the baby" is a little distant. Saying "my daughter" and "she" makes it much more personal and real and I'm loving it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
    I have to know!!! I can not know lol. I don't like surprises lok
    Me too. I have found out with all 5. Too impatient!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out with 1 out of 4 and regretted it. I much prefer the surprise at the end after all the months of waiting

Thanks
    Reviews
    We found out with our first 2 DD,s, we havnt found out with this bub though. I'm looking forward to the surprise. DH wanted to find out but in the end we chose not too.
    good luck with your decision, at least you've got a few weeks to decide

RoseKathleen is offline ...Yes - motherhood is a full-time job!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't find out with either of mine - and I am glad I didn't. With DS he ended up being breech so it was a planned cs. So everyone knew the day, the time and even the approximate weight of the baby - the only surprise was the gender. It was the only thing that kept me going through the last couple of weeks.

With DD it was a wonderful surprise to have at the end of a 55hr labour.

With us we were having a blue room no matter what gender - so it didn't matter about decorations. The clothes we had were all nice neutral whites and yellows. And then once the baby was born we received more pressies with blue/pink hats and blankets and things. That way we weren't overwhelmed with just pink (or blue) and it also meant we could use the clothes for the next baby.

Our cot, changetable, pram, car seat, etc are all gender neutral so we don't have to buy them all over again for a sibling of a different gender!

I don't think that knowing the gender has anything to do with bonding. If anything it may stop bonding if the baby is different from what expected! It happens!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was set on not finding out, and then I caved in!
    We talked about it for weeks and decided that we would find out and tell everyone (except I have told my Mum – ) that we haven’t found out. We found out at 16 weeks and I am now 18 weeks, it has been really fun telling people we are not sure and then sneakily looking at each other and grinning.
    We are about to move overseas and are going through so much change that I just couldn’t handle a surprise. It has been nice to talk about ‘our little boy’ etc as well.
    I really want it to be a surprise for the rest of our families and friends.
    Like DH warned me though, once you know, you can’t “un-know” so make sure that you really want to know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are 11 weeks 2 days and had the same conversation. My husband wanted to know so he can start building things etc but I've never wanted to know. I like surprises!
    I had to make a compromise, we wouldn't find out this time, but if there's a next time we will be finding out the sex...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Just wanted to say that even if I didn't want to find out today, the 3 white lines was pretty obvious, so I would've known anyway!