+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    My dad taught me a great way to deal with socks. Always hang them up next to each other and fold them together as soon as they come off the line. I was getting so stressed over a basket full of odd socks!

I do a good clean once a week and it's amazing how clean my house gets when someone tells me they're on the way over.

Our house is tiny so if I let it get too bad it's awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    I used to feel like this but my DH told me that my job at home is to entertain and care for our child, not our house. I still clean the house as I go, but if we end up eating plain steamed vege (read: frozen microwaved vege in steam packets) for dinner 4 night a week, than so be it!

Enjoy your child/children
    Your husband sounds like a gem!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by scotmum2be View Post
    I suppose I have always felt out of my depth as a mum but now more so. I just can't get anything right, I'm surrounded by mums who parent so effortlessly and I'm drowning.

I struggle to keep the house in order, stay on top of the laundry, can't cook to save myself and I'm so useless that I struggled to make anything including the cake for my Dd's birthday party last month. The one I bought and spent a bl$&dy fortune on was disgusting! :-( if it wasn't for dh the kids would have had nothing.

I rely on dh when we have guests over. He had work colleagues over and they know I don't work so I feel that I should be doing the catering.

Aaaaagh..........
    I feel the same often. I really struggle with housework and cooking even more. And I NEVER entertain. DH often invites friends over and he does all the cooking, even does all the snacks and drinks himself. And I don't work either. I do feel guilty but entertaining is not my thing.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oh thank god for this thread!!

I need to show DP. He is a bit of a tidy freak! and I'm more of a chilled-out-rather-play kinda mum, plus I take forever to do anything which peeves him off even more

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (06-08-2012),jagamoe  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    I am hopeless at housework, utterly hopeless. I just don't notice things that 'need' doing and when I do I can very easily overlook them if it means extra time out and about or doing something fun with my kids. DH hates it, he is a neat freak and last night flipped out about how the teatowels were folded (apparently I did it wrong) but I just don't care about those things. There are more important things in life then housework, and as long as it doesn't look like an episode of hoarders then who really cares?
    Who folds tea towells??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Who folds tea towells??
    Lol I do...slightly OCD though! I iron them too.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    I iron them too

OP, remember that you're at home to care for your kids, and as long as you get through the day having done that you've done your job.

A couple of months ago my DH was a bit narky because he had no ironed shirts, and made a jibe about how I was home all day. I reminded him that the only reason I left work was to look after our children, not to iron his shirts. If he'd come home 6 years ago and said "I've had a pay rise, you don't have to work anymore. You're free to stay home and iron my shirts instead." I would have said "Thanks all the same, but I prefer my job! Feel free to hire a maid."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Your not a bad mum.

I am a great mum but I am the world worst housewife.
    I have beem a sahm for almost 20 years execpt for a few months when i worked and dh stayed home. Your not alone.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

What about hankies?? And pillowcases?? Washers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Iron...

What is iron??

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (06-08-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (06-08-2012),MrJones&Me  (06-08-2012)