+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fail fail fail

I suppose I have always felt out of my depth as a mum but now more so. I just can't get anything right, I'm surrounded by mums who parent so effortlessly and I'm drowning.

I struggle to keep the house in order, stay on top of the laundry, can't cook to save myself and I'm so useless that I struggled to make anything including the cake for my Dd's birthday party last month. The one I bought and spent a bl$&dy fortune on was disgusting! :-( if it wasn't for dh the kids would have had nothing.

I rely on dh when we have guests over. He had work colleagues over and they know I don't work so I feel that I should be doing the catering.

Aaaaagh..........

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Are your kids happy, fed and loved? If so your not failing that's your job not being a maid or a chef!

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (06-08-2012),babylove81  (06-08-2012),Carpe diem 2013  (06-08-2012),jagamoe  (06-08-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (06-08-2012),MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (06-08-2012),mrswhitehouse  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    None of those things make you a bad parent . ! Your probably too busy having fun with your kid(s)!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (06-08-2012),MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    awww hugs hunny. your not a bad mum, wife or stay at home mum for not keeping up with the things listed. heck there are ALOT of mums in your situation.... me for instance, my hpuse is a huge mess, i struggle to get anything done because everytime i move or make a sound dd wakes up and then i have tp tend to her and yet again have to neglect whet ever it was tbat i was doing. i dont think im a bad mum. i just think that dd is more important than those things. hugs x

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (06-08-2012),Carpe diem 2013  (06-08-2012),lovesushi  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I am constantly struggling for time to do things. My dh isnt quite so forgiving though - this morning he actually left without saying goodbye because I hadn't put the washing away that I did over the weekend..god forbid he have to get his socks out of the washing basket :/

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nin Nan Nong For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (06-08-2012),MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (06-08-2012),twotrunks  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Nin Nan Nong;6738117]Yep I am constantly struggling for time to do things. My dh isnt quite so forgiving though - this morning he actually left without saying goodbye because I hadn't put the washing away that I did over the weekend..god forbid he have to get his socks out of the washing basket :/[/QUOT
    what were you thinking dont you know that you are meant to put it away as soon as it is dry. shame on you. (KIDDING) he could have done it himself, what a butt head!! sorry you were treated like that just for not putti.g the washing away.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (06-08-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I could of written this thread. It's ok tho your not alone xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is a thread I can soooo relate my dd is now 8, I felt like this for years!
    I must admit that even now on a school day when we are supposed to be heading out and I'm just getting DS(17mths) changed, and can't find his top in the laundry basket- I still get frazzled, but during these last 8yrs somewhere along the way i decided that I don't want to waste time trying to appear perfect, if someone feels they need to that's fine with me too.
    If my domestic skills are not up to scratch for someone they don't have to bother coming over.
    When I'm feeling down I look at my 2 smiling cherubs and remind myself that that is what matters- they are happy.
    DD will often tell me when she wants to play something and I leave the 5 loads of washing and a sink full of dishes and go and play with her that im the best mum ever. And that makes everything in my world perfect
    Just hang in there! I'm sure your doing a great job with ur little one! Treat yourself to a day out with the little one- getting out of the house always works for me!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (06-08-2012),haveheart  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am hopeless at housework, utterly hopeless. I just don't notice things that 'need' doing and when I do I can very easily overlook them if it means extra time out and about or doing something fun with my kids. DH hates it, he is a neat freak and last night flipped out about how the teatowels were folded (apparently I did it wrong) but I just don't care about those things. There are more important things in life then housework, and as long as it doesn't look like an episode of hoarders then who really cares?

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (06-08-2012),Carpe diem 2013  (06-08-2012),heeeeerekittykitty  (06-08-2012),MrJones&Me  (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I'm putting my hand up too!! However, my DH is extremely supportive and it's been an extremely tough year with DD2. It's slowly all coming together and getting easier and I just think they are little for such a short amount of time... I do also however think that I would love to go study part time but how can I Even consider that when I can't keep on top of the house and kids and am already physically and emotionally exhausted?!

And I'm constantly saying to DH that I feel I am always a step behind the kids, no matter how organised I am! BUT... my kids are loved, fed, warm and very well balanced and go to bed happy at night, so it must be working somewhere along the way, yeh!
    Last edited by babylove81; 06-08-2012 at 08:03.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post: