+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default OPK - First Response - Pos or Neg?

Ok so I should really know this but I seem to have suppressed my memories of the TTC roller-coaster! We're TTC #2 and I just started OPKs (which I did probably 100 of last time!). I am using FR this month and got a test this morning where part of the test line is dark. Is that positive? I did another this afternoon and it's completely negative. WDYT? Both are below...
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Hun, I would say negative. It has to be darker than the control line...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DueInAugust View Post
    I disagree. My first bfp was light like your first. I did another the next morning and it was darker. Maybe try again on a few days to be sure.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub
    OPK is an ovulation test

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shell T View Post
    Sorry Hun, I would say negative. It has to be darker than the control line...
    Yeah but part of the line is as dark (the left edge of the line) as the control, it's just that it gets lighter towards the right.

I seem to recall my OPKs often wouldn't be a clear positive but I know I was o'ing as I was also charting.

Hmmm...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you are saying...
    I've had some that look like yours. But then I've had others that were much more darker...
    Maybe the hormones are increasing but you just aren't there yet.
    I dunno. I'm certainly no expert. Good luck! :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shell T For This Useful Post:

Cue  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard to say. I used to struggle all the time with a certain brand of opks whether it was a positive or not (much like your test) so I changed brands. Maybe you should too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They do say either equal or darker than the control line so I would take this as a positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'll assume it's positive but will test for a few more days and see what happens. Especially given that the other test was taken after and is completely negative.

I also have EWCM and my endo pain is flaring up ( happens at o time for me) so fingers crossed.

Man, I'm starting to remember why this whole TTC thing was so horrid!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep OPKs confuse me too! We are also just starting to TTC #2 (DD turned 1 last week) I got a similar result on a fr OPK and took it as a positive but not confident. All my tests since have been def negatives. I remember last time TTC I never got a pos OPK so who knows. I am also remembering just how confusing this whole TTC thing is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they never got darker than the control line and u were testing before and they were completely clear negatives, I would take the two equal lines as positives.... Depending on the brand I use depends on how dark the test line gets. The cheapies from the Internet aren't as sensitive and look exactly like ur test result and I take that as a positive!