+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    '
    Oh wow my DD is the same with her sugars she has servere brital hypoglycemia caused by Mito and growth hormone deficiancy she can last ( not that she is doing better ) up to 45 minutes with out fluids ( d10 or feeds) before she goes into a hypo bellow 2. We are lucky now she used to only last 30 minutes max
    Wow so yeah i understand where you are coming from is your DD on growth Hormone for her deficiency?

Wow 45 minuets is crazy is she on insulin or anything sorry i have never heard of Mito.

Good Luck with everything you certainly have a strong fighter there.

Sorry Op for crashing your thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    http://www.abc.net.au/health/talking...31/3557498.htm

Just one of many articles if anyone is interested
    There was actually a link on this article to an information sheet provided by the rch in Melb about managing fevers ... It specifically covers when you should/shouldn't give paracetamol ...very interesting read thks for helping me find,

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Smartiecat For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (05-08-2012)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't do anything for fevers (because I am a huge believer in their importance) except make sure they are not overdressed, give them cuddles and plenty of fluids so that is what I would have done....infact what I am currently doing with 4 out of 5 feverish children!
    This is my approach too, dd1 just got a reading of 40 though but seem ok other than that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    This is my approach too, dd1 just got a reading of 40 though but seem ok other than that
    Ours tend to peak around 41 and then go down from there Hope your dd is ok xo

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Confusedmum12 View Post
    Wow so yeah i understand where you are coming from is your DD on growth Hormone for her deficiency?

Wow 45 minuets is crazy is she on insulin or anything sorry i have never heard of Mito.

Good Luck with everything you certainly have a strong fighter there.

Sorry Op for crashing your thread.

yes she is growth hormone therapy has been for 3.5 years with out it she wsa way to unstable, once they figured out the GH issues we couldnt leave the hospital till they got the GHT started. she isnt on insulin no way her issue is high sugar not low, she is on a 24 hour drip feed into her small bowel ( cause of gut failure ) that keeps her sugars up, she only ever goes high with her sugars when septic. With kenz infection is ususally high fever, high sugars and fits.

Is your little one on growth hormone and cortozole ?

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She seems ok still been eating and drinking just been a little less full on then normal Spent most of the day in bed watching movies

Wow 41, I never seen my kids temperature go over 39 except tonight

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

OH good heavens i would be having heart palpitations by that point, last time DD had a fever that high she has ICU come and drip her and consult and her surgeon come in to the hospital in the middle of the night.
    Yes our sittuation is differnt but OMG that would scare me you are brave

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    She seems ok still been eating and drinking just been a little less full on then normal Spent most of the day in bed watching movies

Wow 41, I never seen my kids temperature go over 39 except tonight
    Poor dd. This flu that is going around is awful, my kids have all got it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OH good heavens i would be having heart palpitations by that point, last time DD had a fever that high she has ICU come and drip her and consult and her surgeon come in to the hospital in the middle of the night.
    Yes our sittuation is differnt but OMG that would scare me you are brave
    It was scary putting off the old thinking the first few times but I am such a big believer now The body has a thermostat that shuts off a fever if it nears the danger point of 42.4 degrees.

That is what I do with my kids though who have no other medical conditions at all

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes she is growth hormone therapy has been for 3.5 years with out it she wsa way to unstable, once they figured out the GH issues we couldnt leave the hospital till they got the GHT started. she isnt on insulin no way her issue is high sugar not low, she is on a 24 hour drip feed into her small bowel ( cause of gut failure ) that keeps her sugars up, she only ever goes high with her sugars when septic. With kenz infection is ususally high fever, high sugars and fits.

Is your little one on growth hormone and cortozole ?
    Oh ok i got you now sorry though your girl was opposite (low not high).

Yes my son is on growth hormone injections and Hydro-cortisone 3 times a day and throxine once a day all since about 5 days after birth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast