+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If its any consolation, I showed negative on every POAS test but positive on the clear blue digital... I know it's so hard but try not to stress it's not good for you!! *hugs*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Mum For This Useful Post:

S12  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, thought I'd update you on my progress.

Today I went to my doctor. I told her I'd got my bfp- and she said no need to do a blood test. Said she would only do one if I started spotting. Is sending me for a dating scan in 2 weeks (I'll be 7 weeks then) to see how many weeks- I can tell her im 99.9% sure im 5 weeks but said just to be sure. Then antenatal blood check at 12 weeks and US after.
    Gave me some info in what to eat, told me not to stress, congratulated me and sent me on my way.

Did anyone else not need a blood test to confirm?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No I definitely did bloods. But a faint line is a faint line.. Maybe test again in a week to reassure yourself but it sounds good to me xx congrats xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure I've had blood tests early on with all of my pregnancies..
    Because they don't just check your hcg but other things aswell.
    With my previous dr (because I have moved) she still did a pregnancy test first, with this new dr she only took my word for it..
    And really waiting a bit longer for an ultrasound isn't a bad thing although the wait is annoying because if it happens to not be as far as you think you won't be upset about not seeing a heartbeat.. The wait for the ultrasound is almost as painful as the 2ww..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a little it confused as to your docs approach. If you know your dates why do you need a dating scan? It seems odd. I didn't have a scan until the NT one at 11 weeks. Once I got the confirmation on my blood test I also had bloods run for stds and iron and a whole lot of other stuff as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have any bloods done, went into docs when I was 8 weeks and he did a scan then and that was about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    I am a little it confused as to your docs approach. If you know your dates why do you need a dating scan? It seems odd. I didn't have a scan until the NT one at 11 weeks. Once I got the confirmation on my blood test I also had bloods run for stds and iron and a whole lot of other stuff as well.
    I agree unless you had pre conception bloods done, to check for these things and your immunity status. Congrats on your bfp!!

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    Yup I was confused to. Perhaps it was my period tracker I kept showing her during the appointment- didn't quite trust my data input on the iphone! Hehe

She said she would do a dating scan as "some women are further along than they think as their cycles can be a bit all over the place". I got annoyed at her, I know my body and have been studying it June and July when we started TTC.

Oh well.

Thanks to the other girls also for their experiences, seems it's who you get on the day.