+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Faint positive, cramping...help!!

Hi ladies,
    I'm hoping someone can give me some advice.
    My DH and I have just started in June TTC. This month I tracked ovulation with opk. Hot it spot on (positive opk, temp soared day after).
    5 dpo (Tuesday 31st July) started feeling dull ache above my hip bone- almost in between my hip bone and ribs on left side only- if this makes sense. Usually my AF cramps are lower right below my Hip bone.
    This has continued till now. Now my cycle varies but it's usually 28-30 days (though I ovulate late around day 18). My period hasn't come- im
    around 30 days now.

Tonight I took a hpt (strips I got online but are highly sensitive)- I saw a very very faint line. DH had to look hard for it when I shoved it under his eyes. Took another one. Same thing. Dull ache in left side still there. No sign of AF. No idea if I'm pregnant. Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do another in the morning with FMU. Try not to stress - cramping is extremely common in first trimester, I had so much but everything turned out fine (due in 6 weeks). Also I had a lot of pain the same as I used to get when I had ovarian cysts and had an u/s to check that but everything is ok. Good luck and congrats if it's positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should also say I have started taking , b6 and a pre conception multiple the past 3 weeks. I was hoping to extend my luteal phase because of my late ovulation. I'm thinking perhaps I've just extended my cycle with the vitex, explaining my period being a few days later than usual

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    Do another in the morning with FMU. Try not to stress - cramping is extremely common in first trimester, I had so much but everything turned out fine (due in 6 weeks). Also I had a lot of pain the same as I used to get when I had ovarian cysts and had an u/s to check that but everything is ok. Good luck and congrats if it's positive!
    Sarelou, thanks for the prompt response. 6 weeks! Your so close! Must be exciting!

Re cramping I was (and still semi am) convinced it was AF coming. But still nothing.. It us a constant dull ache- doesn't go away. It's only on my left side though. Was yours localized? I'll be def doing another test in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Post pics of the test!!!! Sounds positive-I got my BFP on FRER...good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cramping was more all over and like period pain i think but the other pain I described was localized on my right lower side. Always used to get it when I had a cyst. (bad history with them). Also my first tests were done in the arvo about 2pm about 2 days after AF was due and were very light positives. Keep us updated! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and mine were from online supposedly highly sensitive at 5 or 10 hcg level but I don't believe that as I had bloods done a few hrs later and my hcg was 35. And the tests barely registered lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByBub Hub1344216837.458275.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by snooksbabymumma View Post
    Post pics of the test!!!! Sounds positive-I got my BFP on FRER...good luck
    So I took another one this morning. I took this with fmu at 5.30 am (when DH got up to go to work). Sorry for tmi but I also did wee at 4.30 as was busting-so technically wasn't fmu.

Line at first was so faint- once again struggling to see but still there. The pic you see is 2 hours later- I went back to sleep after and got up to go to work at 7.30. Thinking maybe IRS not valid...the whole ten min rule.

Also took online hpt - faint line again.

Grrr! The wait!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a definite line in that pic, but could be evap after 2 hours.
    Cramping is certainly normal. I was convinced AF was coming for the first 12 weeks.
    Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    It looks like a positive to me.

I did one test at one day past AF due date and it was neg so I threw it in the bin. I just assumed the second line came up straight away and dark like the first. Next day did another as I was still convinced I was UTD and waited the 5-10 mins and it came up very faint. I rummaged through my bathroom bin and found the one from the day before and it DID have a second line lol.

Time for some bloods for you!

Ask for a HCG quantitive that tells you the actual level, not just pos or neg as it could still be very low and that's why its faint.