+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Would you think it was weird?

Would you think it was weird if two people you knew who had been married for a good 5 or so years decided to have a commitment ceremony/second wedding?

Would you make the effort to go?

When I married my DH I was only 20. We had a registry wedding in our jeans and t shirts with just my parents as witnesses. We didn't even tell anyone we were married until at least two years later.

We don't have wedding rings, and we have no photos of our wedding day whatsoever.

At the time I didn't really care, but in the last year or so I've started to feel like maybe we missed out a bit, you know? I would love to now stand up in front of all of our friends and family and declare our love for each other. I'd love to wear the pretty dress for a day, and a wedding band for the rest of my life. I'd love to have photos to show our kids of our wedding day, and celebrate with the people who mean the most to us.

Weve talked about having a commitment ceremony, but I'm a bit hesitant because I don't think anyone will come. I mean, we ARE already married and everything.

If it were your family member/friends, would you make the effort to go or would you think it was weird?

Has anyone ever done/been to something similar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't think it was weird at all, and would definitely go! I think it's a lovely idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it is a wonderful idea and i would definitely go
    I don't think it's weird at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know someone who got married in a very small church service, they are religious and their house was ready for them to move in so they did a quick service (so they were married before living together) then a year or two later they renewed their vouls (sp?) and had a massive turn out
    Go for it hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not weird at all, a lovely idea. People love a good knees up anyway

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it would be lovely! Just a way of affirming to everyone (and to yourselves) that you are still fully in love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely not weird! People renew their wedding vows all the time, it's pretty common as far as i'm aware

DH and I have always said that we would renew our wedding vows on your 10th wedding anniversary, and that is still the plan (in 4 years time), this time we will get to have our new circle of friends involved, our children involved as well as family, I can't wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Not weird, but lovely. We've been married 10 years and I've been thinking of renewing our vows.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not at all. I think it's a lovely idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    The saying is so true- those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind!

This!

Not weird at all but lovely.