+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I used to do all those things! I really want my DS ( now only 21 months) to also do them, I just have to try and relax as I don't want to be the mum who sucks the fun out of everything!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Of probably pass on the shed roof, but the rest is fine by me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Of probably pass on the shed roof, but the rest is fine by me.
    Lol... fair enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm a helicopter parent, guilty as charged lol although I'm fine with that. I think it has worsened since DS bc he's such an extremely spirited, flat stick, never in half measure child, and if I didn't hover around he would have broken every bone in his body by now

In saying that, he plays with sticks, has a homemade wood sword (as does DD) that DH made with them. So I guess they have those sort of items, I just watch like a hawke

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I watch too, especially with the little ones. But yeah...they do some crazy stuff

I should NOT say this but we have never had a broken bone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    Turning the trampoline on its side, jumping on it and riding it down to flat
    Omg I use to looooove doing this! My brother, sister and I use to to It longways too.

Even if I didnt want my DS to do things like that, he is too adventurous and brave to stop him. I used to do all those sorts of thing when I was growing up, I'd hate to deprive DS of an awesomely fun childhood like I had

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    Omg I use to looooove doing this! My brother, sister and I use to to It longways too.

Even if I didnt want my DS to do things like that, he is too adventurous and brave to stop him. I used to do all those sorts of thing when I was growing up, I'd hate to deprive DS of an awesomely fun childhood like I had
    OH, longways is what I meant!

Hehe, yeah they love this kind f stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think I tend towards free range - all the things you mentioned in your OP I'm cool with. Well, except jumping off the roof onto a mattress because DD is 3 and our roof is incredibly high.

But then I have these moments of utter worst case scenario parenting panic. Today we were driving past a creek that looked like the one that runs behind my parents house and it brought back fond memories of spending afternoons playing in it and around it and exploring it.

Then i pictured DD doing the same thing and thought my parents must have been INSANE! Especially when we used to play down there after rain.

DIDN'T THEY READ BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA FFS???!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    I refuse to watch when my kids play on their two storey cubby house. I refuse to watch when they jump onto the trampoline from the top of the slide

I refuse to watch as DD slide down the fireman pole upside down.

I don't see them climb under the house.

I don't see them climb the olive tree or DD use a branch like a monkey bar and move along hand over hand.

I don't see DS and my nephew have sword fights with stick and tomatoe stakes.

If I don't see it it's not happening and it means I'm not irresponsible.
    It's ok WCM I just checked on your kids, they are sitting down quietly playing educational games.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

delirium  (05-08-2012),Guest654  (06-08-2012),WorkingClassMum  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I missed the stick thread but.... Our boys spend a lot of time outdoors. They do like to investigate and pick up sticks and rocks and so long as they don't hit or throw them at each other it's fine, the objects are removed otherwise and ds1 I'd aware of the rules. As for climbing trees, the trampoline and other such things its all good. We let our kids be kids, they aren't wrapped in cotton wool.