+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Heartbeat is ectopic?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Urgh I used to to this all the time when pregnant. I get it sometimes when I'm not, usually a couple of times a year. When I was pregnant it was a couple of times a week.

My heart feels like its going at double the speed and I feel dizzy. Usually lying down fixes it but when I was pregnant often I would lie down and it didn't help, it would fix when I got back up!

Happened to me the other day for like half an hour. I finally complained to my sister who told me to stick my thumb in my mouth and try and blow with all my might to blow it out (sealed, so you don't expel any air). I pushed with all of my might and it fixed itself straight away. Wish she had told me that trick years ago! She got it from All Saints I believe
    I was doing that all of the time with palpitations. It worked every time!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Heartbeat is ectopic?!

I had them loads even before my pregnancy, mine were due to anxiety (its sort of post stress response of your body), it can come in months after the stressful period. Could it be you worrying about your little one? Ectopic heart beats are normal and not necessary due to anxiety but feeling a bit shaky/dizzy/clammy etc sounds like the aftermath of stressful event (i used to get it every morning for weeks). It goes away within several minutes. It also could be drop in the sugar levels, i usually got for a quick walk and get some carbs in and fine after couple of mins. Its not going to do anth, just a feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews

Ps. For me coughing resetted then if i had loads in the row

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Tamtam I am 31 weeks pregnant and have been suffering terribly with an ectopic heartbeat for a few weeks now. Mine skips every 4th to 10th beat and it is mostly there when I am resting. It's an awful feeling. I had it during my first pregnancy as well but it wasn't as bad as this. I saw a cardiologist last time and it was diagnosed as an ectopic heartbeat. It makes me feel extremely tired and sets awful anxiety off. I can't can't wait for it to go away but have been reassured it's not affecting the baby. I worry that the stress of it is having some impact though. It's reassuring to hear others have the same things though so couldn't read your post and not reply. Hope you are feeling better soon. I have found the third trimester to be the worst though. Hugs!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

KCT. Good grief! It's going to get worse??? Haha. I'm almost in the third trimester and I must admit I'm feeling them more and more. And it definitely sets off anxiety.
    I got full blood results back and I was very iron deficient. So been taking iron every day and I think it's helping but its not helping the heartbeats. They are the same. Grrrrr. Guess I'd better get used to it.

Thanks
    Reviews

It won't necessarily get worse.....it just does for me. Iron deficiency will definitely make it worse. How long have you been taking the iron tablets?? Are you taking ferograde c??nthey need a little bit of time to kick in properly. I've also heard magnesium powder helps. I am going to get some today - that will probably help with my leg cramps too hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

No. I was just taking spatone. Not as strong as other ones. OB wanted me to just take what I had until next check up which will be in two weeks. So we shall see what happens. It's confusing because my low blood pressure is still there and presents with a lot of the same symptoms.
    I'm not a fan of taking the stronger iron stuff and the side affects!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tamtam I have always suffered from ectopic heartbeats since teen. Early in this pregnancy I got them too. It is common according to my cardiologist. I had holter monitoring and echocardiogram done and confirmed I did gave ectopic hb but all ok. Doc says to cut down caffeinated stuff. And baby won't inherit them, which was my primary concern.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2OneDS View Post
    Tamtam I have always suffered from ectopic heartbeats since teen. Early in this pregnancy I got them too. It is common according to my cardiologist. I had holter monitoring and echocardiogram done and confirmed I did gave ectopic hb but all ok. Doc says to cut down caffeinated stuff. And baby won't inherit them, which was my primary concern.
    My baby has been prenatally diagnosed with a very severe heart defect. Which is just a freak thing, not related to anything else. Heart conditions run in my family. Both my parents and grandparents. No one has done a holter monitor or anything. I may ask dr at next appointment. I've heard sometimes that heart conditions can present in pregnancy due to your body doing extra work. But I honestly just think its a freak thing and I have always had them and they just worsened in pregnancy. I'm not really worried about anything more serious.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I experienced the same thing when I was pregnant. It went away after pregnancy and came back during my second pregnancy and again went after. Idon't experience it anymore. I also had a halter monitor in my pregnancy. It is a weird scary feeling though.