+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    The day I went in to hospital in labour they told me the same thing - it had never been mentioned before at all. I was told a paed would need to assess DD as soon as she was born, & a NICU nurse had to be present with a crash cart when she was born.

She is absolutely perfect, no issues at all.
    Thanks becandbub... Thing is its me with the weird heartbeats and the baby has the heart condition!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Thanks becandbub... Thing is its me with the weird heartbeats and the baby has the heart condition!
    As a pp said, I'm sure they'd have investigated further if it was of concern. Could you see your GP tomorrow to discuss it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just waiting for a call from Mater as I'm a special (!!) one with baby's heart condition. I'll tell her what hospital said down here. I actually have an apt with GP on Thursday so unless I get really freaked out or worse I'll see her and she can follow up the tests I had.
    I guess with everything that is going on with our babys heart stress could've set it all off too.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (05-08-2012),BlueRose1  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Just waiting for a call from Mater as I'm a special (!!) one with baby's heart condition. I'll tell her what hospital said down here. I actually have an apt with GP on Thursday so unless I get really freaked out or worse I'll see her and she can follow up the tests I had.
    I guess with everything that is going on with our babys heart stress could've set it all off too.
    Good luck. I'm sure stress plays a part in all of this but its so so difficult & I always wanted to punch people who told me not to stress when I was pregnant, so I won't go there!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. You're right! Very hard not too stress! Midwife was great on phone. So all I can do is tell myself to relax!! Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it really bad in my last pregnancy at about 20 weeks and lasted a few weeks. I had terrible heave feelings on my chest, could feel the ectopics happening regularly and would get very out of breath and not be able to talk. I had an echo and all was fine, but it was an awful feeling. Very scary. DH hooked me up to a portable ECG from work and we could see them happening.

But it did go away, so all u can really do is just try to ride it out and hopefully ur's will also subside! I feel for u though, it made me feel really really awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Pippy. Midwife thinks maybe I'm anaemic as that can cause many of my symptoms including the increased heart thing so I will be following up the tests I had today and checking and getting into some iron.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tam you poor thing I hope you are feeling a bit better now and getting plenty of rest big hugs

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tamute For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi just to let you know about my situation. I had intermittent palpitations since childhood. They felt like my heart skipped a beat then thudded really hard and fast for about 10-15 seconds and i would feel pressure in my neck. I saw a doc when i was a kid who brushed it off. I eventually got off my butt as an adult and went back to the docs. I wore a halter monitor for 24 hours that picked one really faint one up. I was referred to a cardiologist as I had an uncle with marfans (and have big feet etc). I had an ECG, which was all good. Basically, he told me that I had ectopic beats and it was "normal abnormal" and to only worry if I had chest pains along with an attack. Pregnancy can (and has) make them worse/noticeable. My advice would be the same as given to me. Try not to worry, but if you get chest pains, call 000.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mousky. I have to wonder if I've always felt them and brushed them off thinking they were normal and now I'm just noticing since being pregnant.
    After some googling I'm thinking the anaemic thing might be on the money. I'm exhausted, like seriously can't get up most of the time, breathless, dizzy, heart palpitations. So now waiting on blood test results.