+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't even think she thought he was being sexist, she was just looking for an excuse to be lazy and not learn/do it herself.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

delirium  (05-08-2012),Stiflers Mom  (05-08-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I agree with others, not sexists although repair person would be better.

Personally, I have no intention of learning repair work, I have other things to do. I'd rather call a professional or Fiveinthebed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    bahahaha....she was cross because he was infringing on her right to play helpless female....and called him sexist???
    lol the mind boggles huh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't know but I don't see why it's so bad to call someone for help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    not sexiest, so many men also need to learn how to do these things for themselves most "men" know more about hair product and skin care than cars and how to fix a leaky tap. So it is not even really a woman thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    I agree with others, not sexists although repair person would be better.

Personally, I have no intention of learning repair work, I have other things to do. I'd rather call a professional or Fiveinthebed.
    If FITB is busy, you're most welcome to PM me hehe

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I don't know but I don't see why it's so bad to call someone for help?
    It isn't bad at all. Noone said it was. People need to stay employed.
    But I for one, don't have the $$$ to call a repair(wo)man to screw in a light bulb, service my car for $200,- or to change a door knob that DS hang on with all his might.
    If I had to call someone for every small job I could easily do myself, I'd be looking at an extra $500-1000 a year. I, as a sole parent, don't have that cash lying around. I'd rather spend it on groceries or new power tools

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I definitely don't think it's sexist! I think he is spot on. If he had of said "every woman needs a man they can call when something needs fixing", I would have considered THAT sexist. I think your dad is absolutely right!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sexist-common sense more like it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No way that is sexist ... In fact I think it is actually quite the opposite!!

I do have a very handy dh ... But I also have my own drill and tool kit (they live in the pantry in the kitchen ... I refuse to let them be in the shed cause I don't want them mixed up with his stuff!) I can do heaps of myself and when there is things that I can't do ... Ohhh it pi$$es me off!

BUT I couldn't change a tyre on the car, as in I would physically be unable to lift one of my massive 4wd tyres.

Op- your dad is awesome!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My father is an engineer and because of that, he is a logical thinker. He always figured his daughters would be similar to him. So that is how he treated us.
    I grew up in between greasy lathes, milling machines, etc. Always covered in cooling oil and metal cut offs. Dad also used to fix his own cars once out of warranty and I was always happy to lend a hand. I never got pocket money though, so I did it purely because I wanted to.
    So with this background it is basically assumed that I can do a lot of stuff myself. On the other hand, my sis grew up the same way and wouldn't know the difference between a flat head and a phillips screw.
    Her tools are rusting away. She's single as well and spends quite a few dollars to get small things fixed. She's too proud to call my father or me. Besides, we dont speak anymore lol.

About keeping tools separate from DH, I know what you mean. I found that when my ex fiance moved back to Penrith, I lost quite a few exxy power tools and small things like allen key sets, drill bits, saw blades, etc