+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Natural fertility treatments?

What are your experiences with natural fertility treatments? Have these treatments resulted in a pregnancy for you or someone that you know?

I have been doing a bit of research of late as to natural treatment alternatives, and have come across a number of sites that claim that fertility massage combined with castor oil packs can unblock the fallopian tubes and boost fertility in general. Also, that a number of herbal treatments can assist with fertility issues, including:
    - Vitex
    - Dong Quai
    - Milk Thistle
    - Maca
    - Royal Jelly

I am very interested to hear peoples personal experiences with these natural therapies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I'm probably not too much help (as I haven't used the specific treatments that you've asked about!) but we concieved under my wonderful naturopath. I can't speak of her highly enough and am certain she's why we have our perfect little girl After 2 years and 3 months of TTC with about 10 months on the horrid Clomid, we went to see her and she had us pregnant in 5 months. She uses Chinese Herbs and a whole lot of supplements and costs an absolute bomb, but my god, she was worth every. Single. Cent.

I absolutely believe in alternate medicine and when we want to fall pregnant again we'll be going straight back to her and I think I'll do some accupuncture as well.

Good luck, I hope someone can help you with the specifics you've asked about

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rach81 For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I havent had any experience with natural tratements myself but came accross a post from a natural fertility expert on another site, she has answered some questions on supplements (I will attach the link at the end of my post so you can read them) and i'm sure if you have any specific questions you could ask her via a post! I believe there is a place for natural treatments to aid fertility, sometimes even the act of taking something can make you feel like you are helping! Hope this helps too, best wishes xxx http://forum.prideangel.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=532

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wrighty2 For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi electric pink

I have started taking maca as I have pcos and the research I have done on this maca powder shows that it can help me fall preg.... Or so I hope...

Maca powder acts as a hormone balancer and also promotes firtile uterine lining....

I started taking it a few weeks ago and 1 week after I started it I got my period all on its own.. Which is fantastic because I NEVER get it on my own... I'm currently in my TWW so I can't tell you if it has been a success in falling pregnant but I can tell you it has been a success in starting my cycle naturally

The research I did on people who have used maca - most of the woman that wrote testimonials or commented on forums said they fell preg within 3 month of starting maca.

I hope this helps & I wish you the best of luck & baby dust

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TeeTee For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks heaps for the replies! It's really nice to hear some positive reviews about it! I'm going to book in to see a naturopath, she specializes in fertility, and see where it goes from there. It can't hurt to give it a try right? Thanks again