+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Starting solids question

Ds will be 6 months very soon. He doesn't seem that interested in solids. He had a little bit of rice cereal and certain veggies, but that's about it. After a tiny amount he shuts his mouth. Am I expecting too much at this age. 6 months in one week. Oh, I'm not doing blw, not interested ATM

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my daughter and son didnt like rice cereal at that age, but maybe try some other foods and then re-introduce the rice cereal after a little break to see if they will eventually take it.

Apparantly it is normal for them to reject a food up to ten times before accepting so I guess the message is to keep perservering and have a bit of variety.

Good luck with it - sounds like you are doing the right thing to me At six months i found bananas worked well, sweet potato and custards.
    Last edited by Ulysses; 05-08-2012 at 12:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tried my DD on farex at about 4.5 months old and she had serious constipation issues. Queue forward a couple of weeks and I tried pumpkin, sweet potato, potato, carrot and cauliflower. No more poo issues She's 6 months old last week and she eats a little tub of veggies everyday. She particularly loves butternut pumpkin. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have tried a couple of veggies. Just doesn't seem that interested! We have been trying for approx 4 weeks once per day. (have skipped the odd day)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Just wait until he's interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Just wait until he's interested.
    Yeah I guess! I just keep thinking that he "should" be eating a "meal" by around 6m. (like ds1). But I guess that's not the case this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think I posted something similar when DD was around 6 months. She just wasn't interested. I think she started showing more interest around 7.5 - 8 months. We ended up offering finger foods because it got to the point where we could rarely even get one spoon in. Finger foods let her do it at her own speed.

I'd just keep offering meals and not worry too much about it. What helped me was to meal plan to make sure I was offering a variety of different foods to try and get her interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD wasn't interested til 8 months. DS is pretty keen at 6 months. It's easier to just go when they are ready.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    I think I posted something similar when DD was around 6 months. She just wasn't interested. I think she started showing more interest around 7.5 - 8 months. We ended up offering finger foods because it got to the point where we could rarely even get one spoon in. Finger foods let her do it at her own speed.

I'd just keep offering meals and not worry too much about it. What helped me was to meal plan to make sure I was offering a variety of different foods to try and get her interested.
    same here