+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kinda a funny story...

My bro and SIL were split, she went to QLD to one of their amusement parks, and for kicks, rubbed the fertility statue at some place they went.
    When she came back, i guess they must've realised how much they missed eachother, only DTD once, next thing we know, she announces shes preg..... a few weeks later we find out its TWINS!

Oh, to this day we tell her she didnt really rub the statue.......She HAD to have full on groped it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are u taking any fertility drugs missfarey?
    I've heard that the days u take them ie. 1-5, 3-7, can sway for twins. If not have u heard for soy isoflavones? It's meant to be a natural type of clomid....
    I'll post a pic of the days that increases ur chances if u like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we were trying for our first child I desperately wanted to have twins. I found out we had 5 sets of twins between us, so far back we thought we were grasping at straws but I lived in hope, I also looked up ways to increase my chances.
    Being overweight was one ... Check
    Being over 35 .... Almost check (I fell pregnant 2 months before turning 35)
    And eating some kind of yams (sweet potato) I ate so many I was sick of them and I don't really like them in the first place.
    Finally we conceived and found out there was only one. I was sure there would be 2, every ultrasound I asked if there was another one hiding in there, even when I had our beautiful DS I still asked if there was a surprise one in there. There wasn't.
    Anyway we are now on pregnancy number 2 and guess what..... it's twins :-) I'm so over the moon about it.

I think a lot of it was wishful thinking and also my age, there are more people having twins now and a lot of them are older mothers, releasing more eggs coz I think our bodies probably getting rid of them. (That's not saying younger people don't have twins to, a friend of mine when 19 had twins and she doesn't have them in her family)

My Dr also told me that it had nothing to do with the man it's from the woman so if genetics played a part then it came from a woman who passed it to a woman and so on. And the fact that I released 2 eggs had nothing to do with DH either because his genetics can't make my body release 2 eggs. I don't know how true this is but it sounds good to me and it was nice telling the mother-in-law because she thinks it's all DH's doing because his cousins were twins. I sound horrible but she's so nasty to me it was nice having something to rub in her face. The Dr also said if either of these bubs are girls she is likely to have twins herself.

So it could happen for you, I think it's just down to pure luck, that's kind of what it feels like, like if you won the lotto. chances are slim but it can and does happen. I feel like I've won the lotto. Well I imagine I would feel like this if I won the lotto anyway.

Good luck I hope your wish comes true :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZ View Post
    When we were trying for our first child I desperately wanted to have twins. I found out we had 5 sets of twins between us, so far back we thought we were grasping at straws but I lived in hope, I also looked up ways to increase my chances.
    Being overweight was one ... Check
    Being over 35 .... Almost check (I fell pregnant 2 months before turning 35)
    And eating some kind of yams (sweet potato) I ate so many I was sick of them and I don't really like them in the first place.
    Finally we conceived and found out there was only one. I was sure there would be 2, every ultrasound I asked if there was another one hiding in there, even when I had our beautiful DS I still asked if there was a surprise one in there. There wasn't.
    Anyway we are now on pregnancy number 2 and guess what..... it's twins :-) I'm so over the moon about it.

I think a lot of it was wishful thinking and also my age, there are more people having twins now and a lot of them are older mothers, releasing more eggs coz I think our bodies probably getting rid of them. (That's not saying younger people don't have twins to, a friend of mine when 19 had twins and she doesn't have them in her family)

My Dr also told me that it had nothing to do with the man it's from the woman so if genetics played a part then it came from a woman who passed it to a woman and so on. And the fact that I released 2 eggs had nothing to do with DH either because his genetics can't make my body release 2 eggs. I don't know how true this is but it sounds good to me and it was nice telling the mother-in-law because she thinks it's all DH's doing because his cousins were twins. I sound horrible but she's so nasty to me it was nice having something to rub in her face. The Dr also said if either of these bubs are girls she is likely to have twins herself.

So it could happen for you, I think it's just down to pure luck, that's kind of what it feels like, like if you won the lotto. chances are slim but it can and does happen. I feel like I've won the lotto. Well I imagine I would feel like this if I won the lotto anyway.

Good luck I hope your wish comes true :-)
    I have mil like that. Did you eat lots of sweet potato this time with twins?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    I have mil like that. Did you eat lots of sweet potato this time with twins?
    No I haven't touched it since I got pregnant with DS who is now 8 months. I only had it once when I went out for a meal and it was used in place of mashed potato. I think it was a certain kind of sweet potato that we don't have here. Maybe some south African kind or something so I don't know that it would have actually played a part in it.