+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wouldn't be getting in a car or anywhere near a smoker, when pregnant, or otherwise, and I wouldn't allow anybody to smoke near my child.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    yep im sure it's illegal to smoke with under - is it under 16 years old in the car?
    I think she's saying he smokes with her pregnant in the car. Not the kids? Anyway it's all bad.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes but she said he smoked with his other kids in the car so there's no reason why he wont do it when the baby's born. Good luck with it op. maybe show him this thread to show him you're not alone in how you feel about it!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Momkey For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to clarify, he doesn't smoke with his kids in the car. I'm newly UTD so he smokes when I'm in the car which I am starting to take issue with as I'm now expecting. Before I didn't mind so much but now obviously I feel different about it due to passive smoking.
    His argument would be that his ex/mum/friend all smoked when pregnant and the kids turned out fine so he can't see the issue...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How rude, disrespectful and arrogant of him. Passive smoking is harmful to you and the baby, not to mention the fact that the fumes will remain in the car and will increase your baby's SIDS risk.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (05-08-2012),HugsBunny  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    How rude, disrespectful and arrogant of him. Passive smoking is harmful to you and the baby, not to mention the fact that the fumes will remain in the car and will increase your baby's SIDS risk.
    Thank you!! I have never had a DP before so I like to be informed before going into battle. I can't really argue with his views as he's had experience with this whereas I haven't. I know it's wrong and I don't like it. I was thinking I'll talk to my GP about it so when we go in together after the scan she can reiterate the risks??