+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Best and Worst Birthday Stories?

I would LOVE people to share the best and worst birthdays they have had!!

It may or may not be my 25th Birthday today.. I normally LOVE my birthdays and treat them in such a fashion that you'd think i was celebrating my 21st ever year. But this birthday has been unusually hard. I've spent it throwing up, haven't slept and cried since midnight last night. I got fired from my job on Friday and just generally suffering from severe morning sickness. My DP is at work and true to form didn't get me a present. So this is my worst.

My best.. Hard to choose.. Love all if them! I really loved my Sweet 16th though. It was really special and lots of good memories.. But Dad even dressed up in a pink tutu to honor my fairy party theme. I was allowed a few drinks and it was a great year!

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The worst birthday iv ever had happened last yr. I had a court appt over the phone and was told I had to leave my family within a week to bring my kids back to qld, where their abusive father was so he could
    See them. I can't remember a good one sorry if I do I'll add it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Bonkers, that sounds horrible. Are you still over in QLD?

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yea I am still here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not good. Bloody courts can be so unfair sometimes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crazyaboutbubs For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think my worst was when DH and I had been fighting about something (something I had considered walking out over) so I didn't harp on too much about my birthday.

Birthday rolls around and he totally forgot about it til 11am when he called me at work. The silver lining was that he bought me a gorgeous ring to try to make up for it

Best one was probably my 21st party, which was also my engagement party

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyaboutbubs View Post
    I would LOVE people to share the best and worst birthdays they have had!!

It may or may not be my 25th Birthday today.. I normally LOVE my birthdays and treat them in such a fashion that you'd think i was celebrating my 21st ever year. But this birthday has been unusually hard. I've spent it throwing up, haven't slept and cried since midnight last night. I got fired from my job on Friday and just generally suffering from severe morning sickness. My DP is at work and true to form didn't get me a present. So this is my worst.

My best.. Hard to choose.. Love all if them! I really loved my Sweet 16th though. It was really special and lots of good memories.. But Dad even dressed up in a pink tutu to honor my fairy party theme. I was allowed a few drinks and it was a great year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holly, that reminds me when I had a big fight with my DP on my 21st birthday morning as he hadn't got my present yet and i had nothing to wake up and open.. He felt so bad he went and spent a small fortune on a ring. If only that was the case every year.. Why are men so unorganized?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naw. Thanks anewme!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you end up having a nice day.

This year in turned 27 in June, I thought my birthday was going to be the worst yet but it actually turned out to be lovely and one I will never forget.
    I was in NICU @ the Women's and Children's with my little pem, away from home and missing my family. I arrived at the hospital in the morning to discover my little man had an amazing weight gain and was told by the pead we would be going home sooner than expected!
    My mum also drove DD to Adelaide who I hadn't seen for weeks and missed terribly. I gave myself a leave pass from the hospital for the afternoon and took DD to the zoo. We had a wonderful afternoon together and despite being very sore from a csection and walking around the zoo for 3 hours I loved every minuet. I couldn't have asked for two better presents