+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I feel awful

I Picked up a teenager from a party at half 1 this morning and on my way to pick her up a dog ran out of the cane fields right in front of me. I tried to stop. But it was too late. The dog went under the car and front wheel I stopped and so did a taxi that was behind me but the dog had run off. I know it got hit pretty bad and suspect some big injuries. We searched but couldn't find the dog so I rang the non urgent police line and they pretty much said they dont deal with that stuff and there was no point ringing a vet to come out and look for the dog. I have left my name and number with the police should the owners ring then if the dog comes home. I feel so awful
    I have no way of knowing where the dog comes from and can't imagine how the owners may feel having their dog turn up hurt like that my front of the car is pretty much wrecked too

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I feel awful

I Picked up my teenager from a party at half 1 this morning and on my way to pick her up a dog ran out of the cane fields right in front of me. I tried to stop. But it was too late. The dog went under the car and front wheel I stopped and so did a taxi that was behind me but the dog had run off. I know it got hit pretty bad and suspect some big injuries. We searched but couldn't find the dog so I rang the non urgent police line and they pretty much said they dont deal with that stuff and there was no point ringing a vet to come out and look for the dog. I have left my name and number with the police should the owners ring then if the dog comes home. I feel so awful I have no way of knowing where the dog comes from and can't imagine how the owners may feel having their dog turn up hurt like that my front of the car is pretty much wrecked too FEEL A

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's an awful feeling but unfortunately there is not alot you can do. I hit a dog a few weeks ago. It was a semi rural area and the dog ran out of a property (gates were open). The owners came out but the dog had passed. We stopped and spoke to the owners. Although I was very upset about the dog I was grateful it didn't create a head on accident as it may have done if I was driving my smaller lower car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You sound like an awesome person. Atleast you tried everything and didn't just drive off without a single care. I hope he is fine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

LivinOnAPrayer  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Hun I know how you feel I hit a killed a dog a few year back I got out of the car a screamed so bad that a guy in the neighbouring house ran bear footed over a railway line cause he thought I was getting attached, it's such a horrible feeling but there is nothing you could have done, they run out so quickly. Check your car in the morning too, mine was torn up pretty bad and was off the road for over a week while it was getting fixed, insurance covers it but you do have to pay for your excess. Sending you loads of hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    that's awful. Unfortunately these things happen

It least you tried to find the dog an didn't just keep driving. Hopefully it goes home and the owners take it off to the vet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the effort you went to was amazing . You are a good person

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs. I agree you have done everything you could. I hope you managed to get some sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    You did everything you could have. Awful when things like that happen but it was an accident

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the kind words. I still feel bad though but realizing there is nothing else I could have done