+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Angry i was diagnosed with PCOS.

i was diagnosed with PCOS. now what?
    after 3 + years of ivf, I have recently been told i have PCOS? just finding this whole process overbearing really?
    been told I have to lose weight (7-9 kgs)
    I am totally upset. I have 2 embies frozen, does this mean I know have to wait till i loose the weight, before using my two embies?
    Last edited by 2gemini2009; 04-08-2012 at 21:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there.

I was diagnosed with PCOS back in 2003 after TTC for 1 year. All it meant for me at that stage was putting me on medication called Clomid which makes your body ovulate and I fell pregnant with my DD after 4 cycles. I guess it depends how severe it is, but yes excess weight can inhibit falling pregnant too esp with PCOS. I'm wondering if maybe you can try a few cycles with Clomid? Is there any other reason you do ivf? (if you don't mind me asking. Pm me if you prefer)

Nat :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too have recently been diagnosed with PCOS. I went to my Dr in May 2012 after not having AF since December 2011. I told him we wanted to start thinking about trying and I wanted a blood test to double check everything was ok. To my surprise it revealed PCOS and Underactive Thyroid. Not sure if its better to know up front or after we had been TTC for a while.
    We started TTC last month (Aug 2012) and have an appointment with gyno in a couple weeks to look at Clomid.

Me (29) PCOS & Endo ~ DH (33)
    Married since May 2011
    TTC since August 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was diagnosed with PCOS in July 2011 and I have 2 beautiful children. DS was conceived naturally in Feb 2010 and DD was conceived on my first dose of Clomid. I wish you all the best and I hope you get your much wanted baby soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about the problems you are having, I hope you are ok and also hope things work out for you sooner rather than later!! Take care xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsJinks View Post
    I too have recently been diagnosed with PCOS. I went to my Dr in May 2012 after not having AF since December 2011. I told him we wanted to start thinking about trying and I wanted a blood test to double check everything was ok. To my surprise it revealed PCOS and Underactive Thyroid. Not sure if its better to know up front or after we had been TTC for a while.
    We started TTC last month (Aug 2012) and have an appointment with gyno in a couple weeks to look at Clomid.

Me (29) PCOS & Endo ~ DH (33)
    Married since May 2011
    TTC since August 2012
    Make SURE that your thyroid is under control BEFORE you start trying, it's THE most vital thing for the development of the baby.