+ Reply to Thread

Default Confused

My Dr phoned Friday to give me my gentic test results baby was gentically normal so unexplained Blighted Ovum. While I was talking to him I asked if it was normal not to have my period still, 9 weeks after D&C he said i should definately have it by now and was I pregnant I said no as i did a test already today, so he said I need you to do a blood test and an ultrasound I will foward them for you. I guess he wanted to check for scaring on the ultrasound?

So i get a call for the ultrasound place to book an appointment she offers me one later that day I said can I do it another day she said it really needs to be done now ( Not a good start to the day freaking me out making it urgent I have no idea why it HAD to be done then).

Any way When I went for the ultrasound 3days ago today and I asked where in my cycle I am, she said I have a heap of follicles, 5 around about 19mm and some small ones so looking at that she said probably mid cycle near Ovulation. Well I started spotting today not much barely need a linner but heavyer then my miscarriage spotting.

I guess she was wrong and this is supose to be my period? So I wont O? And if it is will that mean I ovulate on my period from now on? Confused I thought you had to O to get your period? What was your first period like after D&C?

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I spotted during ovulation this cycle, it wasn't a lot but it was enough for me to notice it.
    Nothing unusual about this cycle except for the fact that I was taking Vitamin B supplements to help extend my luteal phase (which could have been the reason it happened).

But don't worry too much, it's not unheard of for women to spot around ovulation so it could just be from that. Check up with your doctor if it's still going on just to make sure there's nothing strange happening.

I'm sorry for your loss .

north east victoria
    hey mum 2 isabel, my ob told me my first period would either be heavy or light. I got it 4 weeks and 1 day after my d&c. I spotted about every 4 to 5 days before I got my period. I wasnt even worried if Id ovulated or not. My ob told me to wait for one cycle before I tried to get pregnant again. My period was the worst Ive ever had. It was really heavy and painful and lasted a whole week (lucky me) but I guess it was my body still cleaning itself out.

Im not sure you can ovulate on your period I thought like you, you had to ovulate to get your period? not sure sorry.