+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Different Teas while pregnant.. what can I drink?

So, I love my tea, and some of my friends bought be different T2 teas for my birthday. Vanilla Slice, Strawberries and Cream, Peach, etc etc... you get the picture.

How do I know what teas are ok to drink? I've heard not all herbal teas are ok. Are these teas classed as herbal?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think they're black tea with flavoring? You can check the ingredients on the box.

If they're black tea imo they're okay to drink just keeping in mind your caffeine consumption

Thanks
    Reviews
    Should be fine. Most herbal teas are fine in moderation.... the warning is usually due to the fact that you can get some quite unusual things depending on where you buy them from. Even then though... unless you're self medicating with them they should be fine.

Usually the guideline is that any herbal teas you can buy in a supermarket etc are fine... but if you don't know what's in it then it's probably good to avoid. I'd personally have no problem drinking T2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! Very helpful info.

This is our first baby, so I'm just getting my head around the the do's and dont's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it does take a while to get your head around everything.

It's so sad, my favourite is French Earl Grey and then in my first trimester I just couldn't stomach it and had to drink plain old English breakfast (which I love, but just not the same).

*wanders off to make a cuppa*

6. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

backgroundnoise  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been drinking a lot of chai, but be careful as star anise can cause uterine contractions so get one without it

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    Yeah it does take a while to get your head around everything.

It's so sad, my favourite is French Earl Grey and then in my first trimester I just couldn't stomach it and had to drink plain old English breakfast (which I love, but just not the same).

*wanders off to make a cuppa*
    I'm mad for a cup of tea and in my first trimester i couldn't stomach any hot beverages at all for about 8 weeks.
    I would be mindful of some herbal teas, just do your research. Also agree with pp about the chai tea.

Drink as much rooibos as you like.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lot of red coloured fruit teas use hibiscus as their main ingredient, so read the ingredients list carefully. Apparently hibiscus is a no-no during pregnancy: http://www.babycenter.com/0_herbal-t...gnancy_3537.bc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, I love my teas as well. Last week I bought caffeine-free green tea and English breakfast so I guess I can enjoy those as much as I want. I heard that we should avoid camomile tea, while peppermint is all good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheHounds View Post
    A lot of red coloured fruit teas use hibiscus as their main ingredient, so read the ingredients list carefully. Apparently hibiscus is a no-no during pregnancy: http://www.babycenter.com/0_herbal-t...gnancy_3537.bc
    Thanks for that info - you're right, and two of the teas I was given do have hibiscus in them.