+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen Sharon and she's fantastic.

I also had trouble with latching in the first few days - my main problem was engorgement when my milk came in. Bub had trouble getting enough in his mouth because my breasts were so full and hard. Not sure if this could be contributing in your case?

The other pointers that the LC/CHN gave me that really helped us to get attachment right were to bring bub's chin in first so his head was tilted back a little and then bring nipple down from his nose to top lip and then get it in there when his mouth is wide open.

Look after those nipples - lots of topless time and hydrogel pads from chemist can give short term relief (though don't use too much as moist nipples can lead to thrush).

I'm in North Brisbane and happy to chat if you like. I'm a first time mum to a four month old, so definitely no expert - just a mum who remembers how hard those first few days are.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Polly6034 For This Useful Post:

Mommi Wren  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, was not sure ifjust talking on the phone again would help me fix the problems. Engorment is an issue at the momentas well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in north bris areaish and I found my maternity ward would more then help. Hope you get the help you need xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, applying gentle pressure around the areola can soften the area enough to latch on. Or alternatively hand expressing a tiny bit off before feeds. Luckily engorgement is short lived and should settle down soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel for you it's such a vicious cycle when the nipples start to hurt, and baby's hungry! I used to have to tickle her upper lip and when she'd open I would shove it in! When my nipples would get sore I would pump and let hubby feed her, and let my boobs rest sometimes I'd pump for a couple of days. Also if your breasts are full it's harder for baby to latch on so try and express or even squeeze some out. Just don't stress too much, my baby is 4 months old and was taking heaps of expressed milk in bottles I got worried she might not want to breastfeeding but she actually hates the bottle now! She exclusively breast feeds and I have no pain or discomfort. Do you have a pump?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all, we are getting better. Still working on the latch but feel things are improving.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mommi Wren For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (08-08-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (08-08-2012)