+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 13 weeks and bleeding

So I've just gotten home from the hospital. This morning I was sitting on the couch having a little hug with my son coz he was a little upset. I got up to get him some breakfast and when I came back noticed some blood on the couch where I had been sitting. I quickly went to the toilet and found my underwear had blood it in and I had a clot when wiping. I went to the hospital and they took some blood, checked me out down there and I was told that it sounds like a forced abortion???. :-( the blood came back saying that I was pregnant with the right amount of whatever they read for where I am and I asked if the gyno that was coming would check the babies heartbeats (I am having twins) to see if they are still going. The dr then got an ultrasound and had a look at them, they were both moving around but she didn't know how to check the heartbeat. The gyno didn't end up coming to see me because she was to busy and they said there is nothing they can do I just need to rest. I've been told to call monday and have an ultrasound. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else with a positive outcome? I'm so scared and can't stop crying. I went to the toilet once while at the hospital had 2 more clots and some bleeding. I went again since I got home and there is a little bleeding still but it seems light ( honestly though I don't know if this is light or heavy for having while pregnant)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry I don't have an answer for you. You must be really, really scared... so . The hospital sounds a bit useless and how frustrating to come away without any answers. I hope your babies are both fine and you find out soon what is going on. I know there have been lots and lots of ladies on here who have had bleeding and everything has been ok. I'm sure you'll hear from lots of them. Try to rest and stay positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess there are no positive stories
    :-( its so depressing just waiting to find out what's going on I feel like I am failing them already, I can't protect them, I can't help them, I can't do anything but wait and see what happens. Still bleeding a little this morning, not as much but still there is still blood and it's scary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't be disheartened. I think it's a very quiet weekend in here (I also posted looking for positive stories - on a different matter - and not much response).

My last loss I bled from CD32 until I lost bub 5 or so weeks later. While mine was not a good news story I did a lot of googling and posted on here and there were many, many positive stories of women who had all sorts of bleeding (light, heavy, constant, once off etc etc). So please do not get to upset and just wait for the scan tomorrow.

I have had a scan where I saw my baby with no heartbeat (measuring around 7.5 weeks) and there was no movement at all. The fact that they saw movement sounds very reassuring. To check the heartbeat they have to change the mode of the u/s to convert it into audio or something, so obviously they didn't know how to do that. Please it sounds like you have two lil bubs alive and kicking there and I hope the scan tomorrow confirms that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a massive bleed with my 3rd baby at 11 weeks. It was literally coming out like wee. Was terrifying! I was told it looked like I was losing the baby but due to the heavy blood loss was given an ultrasound after 4 hours. Baby looked fine and had a strong heartbeat. I continued to lightly bleed for another few weeks and had a few more ultrasounds and thankfully bubs was fine. I took it easy for the rest of the pregnancy and was induced at 38 weeks due to bleeding again.
    Just wanted to let you know there are some happy stories. While it was a scary and stressful pregnancy because of this, it was worth it to have my healthy baby boy
    Good luck, take it easy and don't assume the worst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am 13 weeks and have been bleeding throughout my pregnancy, not just spotting i have had massive floods of bright red blood (so heavy you would never think bub would survive) It is extremely scary and i've had several trips to hospital and ultrasounds.
    In my case bub has always been fine, they can't find any reason for why i am bleeding at all. All i can do is rest and hope for the best. I was told that some woman just bleed for no particular reason but still go on to have a healthy baby so don't lose hope.
    Rest, rest, rest.
    Good luck

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier!

I had a massive bleed at 12+5. I was in the middle of Coles and thought I'd wet myself so went to the bathroom to find my shorts soaked in blood. We raced to hospital and I was examined. The doctor told me my cervix was open and I was miscarrying. I kept asking what was going to happen and what should I do, but they couldn't tell me anything!!

They kept me in overnight to watch the bleeding and I cried myself to sleep. In the morning the gynae came to see me and starting talking about doing an ultrasound. I was like 'errr, why, they told me I'd miscarried'. He just said, well let's check.

About 3 hours later I finally had the ultrasound which showed a healthy baby with a healthy heart rate!

When I finally met my obstetrician a few days later, he said that it looked like I have a massive blood vessel close to we're the placenta was attaching, and it probably got hit, which is why the rush of blood was quite sudden.

My little monkey turns 3 in a couple of weeks.

I would be insisting they do a proper ultrasound to reassure you.

Hope your story turns out as well as mine, but if it doesn't, please come back as there are many people here (inc. myself) who know how devastating a miscarriage is. I sincerely hope you don't have to go through that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies, it's been a very stressful weekend. But have been and had the ultrasound today and already spoken with a dr I have a bruise on one of the placentas which is what is causing the bleeding. They will keep an eye on it but both bubs are moving around growing nicely for their age and had good heartbeats. So feel much much better today.

wildoats is offline Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right - Henry Ford
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZ View Post
    Thanks for the replies, it's been a very stressful weekend. But have been and had the ultrasound today and already spoken with a dr I have a bruise on one of the placentas which is what is causing the bleeding. They will keep an eye on it but both bubs are moving around growing nicely for their age and had good heartbeats. So feel much much better today.
    That is wonderful news! What a scary ordeal for you So happy to hear all is well x