View Poll Results: Would you claim more thorough csa?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he should pay

11 78.57%
  • No, he pays enough

0 0%
  • Other

3 21.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't like that term, sorta gives it a bad stigma. Ex has no involvement with my children's upbringing at all, he hasn't seen them for almost 2 years. I was getting the base rate of $12ish a fortnight for 2 kids. That stopped being paid about 4 months ago, and ex's mother told me that he has recently gotten a well paying job. She urged me to get a reassessment in cs done, which I am now currently in the process of, because with dd starting school next year I will need any extra money I can get to cover those costs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

Eko  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I would but I agree with others that it would depend on the relationship you have with them and the non direct financial contributions they already put towards the child.

In my case My child's needs come well and truly before my ex's. I could care less if he's struggling financially, if my child is happy and has his needs met then I am happy.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not a single parent, but this is how I would look at it.
    Your daughter is entitled to a certain level of care, and that means that she should receive the full entitlement. I believe that so long as it doesn't put a parent at serious financial disadvantage then they should give the full amount that their child is entitled to.

And when I say 'financial disadvantage', I mean not being able to pay their bills, buy adequate food, and support themselves without financial distress.

Sounds like he wouldn't be disadvantaged and your daughter would certainly receive benefit. In that case I would say that you should be receiving the full entitlement for it.

If it were me however, I'd be coming at it from the "ensuring my daughter gets the best that she can" angle rather than the "taking him for what he's worth" angle . I know what you mean, but it kind of conjures up 1980s women's lib fanatics taking the car, the house and the dog on divorce! Lmao.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

LivinOnAPrayer  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    lol yeah my bad, didnt think that sentence out too well did i lol.
    Im worried that if i do push for me, it'll well and truley rock the boat. I'll see how our financial situation goes, and once DD's autism funding runs out (and i will no longer be able to afford speech, ot, psych and physio therapy) i'll look into it further

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    catch 22 Eko. I've known men to have issues paying their bills, buy good quality food etc on more than 4 times my income, all cause they're stupid with money

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If the extra cash will improve you child's quality of life eg. More help due to disabilities etc then I would ask for more $$$$ but first I would talk to dad and see if he is happily willing to help. CSA creates more problems than they fix most of the time and as previously said provide you with no help to deal with the fallout. Myself, I am supposed to get $32 month but have not seen a cent in 9months. I have been considering a change of assessment because the deadbeat has been bragging about how much he earns as a farmer but like some of the other ladies who have posted I'm a bit worried about the fallout. Thankfully he doesn't know where we live!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS' father doesn't have much to do with him and we recently got his formal diagnosis. I am in two minds whether to start a CoA based on special needs. I currently can't work due to multiple weekly appointments with DS and my area of qualification doesn't allow for part time work. Ex is already screwing the system by not declaring his 2nd job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No. I could've put FOB on the birth certificate with a DNA test. But to be honest, I am glad I didn't. That money wouldn't have been worth the stress and headaches that goes along with it. DS is all mine now. No involvement from the "other" family whatsoever and I have the assuring knowledge that they can not claim involvement because of the money being paid in csa.