+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileymum View Post
    Does anyone know whether this will affect air travel as I'm due to go to NZ in 3 weeks.... I have a midwife appointment in 2 weeks, or should I make an appointment with my gp?
    I'm in the same position as you, Smileymum and I started a similar thread. Some good responses there if you can find it. Worst case scenario is a cs as far as I can tell. As for the flying, it's probably fine but the higher grades have more risk of bleeding. I'm 1.7 away (Grade 1 - too close, needs to be at least 2.5) so I was told it was fine to fly. Might be different for Grade 4 though, where it's right over the cervix. If that's your case I'd just call your midwife to be safe.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by detajach View Post
    I'm 33 weeks (well, tomorrow I will be!) and at my 20 week scan the placenta was found to be low lying. I had another scan at 31 weeks and it is still too close.

I'm having yet another scan in two weeks to recheck it's position. If it moves, then I'm good to have a vaginal birth, if not. Well, I'll need a c section
    My placenta is posterior too, which I've heard isn't the best position for it to move.
    With DD my placenta was posterior and less than 1cm from the opening, and by 30 weeks it had moved to 5cm away from the opening. I had a normal birth, no caesar needed.