+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low placenta..

Low lying placenta... Who has it, who's has gone up to the proper spot, who has had to have a c-sec because of it?
    I'm 19.4 weeks along, had my scan yesterday and the technician said that's what I had going on at the mo... Needa re-scan at 30 to see if it has changed... But what if it doesn't?

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine hadn't moved far enough at 32 weeks and they booked me for a cs. I fought hard and got induced 2 days before the cs date. Complication free birth, no tearing or excess blood loss at all.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

smileymum  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With my last I still had a low lying placenta at an extra 30 week scan but paid to have an extra one at 36 weeks and it had moved.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

smileymum  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing. I also have a low placenta(2cm from cervix) and this is my first pregnancy. Im 20 weeks.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope its all ok, and moves, I'd like to not have a c-sec if I can help it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was 0.5cm away from my opening it moved completely out of the way within 4 weeks. ( I had some bleeding at 24 weeks so got re scanned) And found it was not longer a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm about 8 weeks and even though it's quite early I was told mine is and they want to monitor me for the next two weeks as I was experiencing heavy bleeding... They did say its not a huge worry though and, it doesn't "move" it kind of finds it's way up as it grows if that makes sense

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Mum View Post
    I'm about 8 weeks and even though it's quite early I was told mine is and they want to monitor me for the next two weeks as I was experiencing heavy bleeding... They did say its not a huge worry though and, it doesn't "move" it kind of finds it's way up as it grows if that makes sense
    Yeah as your baby and belly grows, it expands. So it stays attached in the same place but that 'place' moves as your belly expands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was told the same thing at my 12 wk us except I was told mine was already sitting over the cervix ... I go for my 20 wk us next week so will see how things have evolved. They have already said I will need us at 32 and 34 wks

I feel quite petrified of a cs ...I have already had two smooth natural child births and had anticipated this would how it would go again. I think it is mostly the recovery and not beig able to drive for 6 wks that is freaking me out ... I have 2 kids in kinder next year so not sure how I will get them there and home!

At the end of the day I will do whatever is safest for baby AND me

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    83% of LL placentas move up and away from the cervix, there is another thread which has lots of replies in it, I'll see if I can find it..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

smileymum  (04-08-2012)