+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd is a Terrible sleeper/eater. I am told this is typical of babies with these problems. It's definitely worth seeing an ent.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd see an ENT. DD had her first lot of grommets at 8 months and is about to get her second lot and adenoids out (she's 20 months). You might find that the situation gets better as the weather gets warmer though. Grommets is a very easy operation though - only about 10-15 mins long but it's the anaesthetic side of things that they have to consider.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

smootch  (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a mum yet so I can't speak from experience but it might be worthwhile trying some natural therapies if you're not wanting to rush down the surgery path. I know chiropractic has been known to help with recurring ear infections and sleeping problems. There is a fair chance that our children will have problems with ear infections and I will definitely be trying chiropractic over surgery first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm going through the same. DD has had ear infections constantly for the last 6 months. We're going to see an ENT next week.
    What do they do before deciding on grommets? Take a closer look at the ears? Do they try other avenues?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We never had any ear infections but my son had grommets at 14 mths due to glue ear. Best thing we EVER DID! Made a huge difference. Now he has his first ear infection (grommets still in at 2 years)

So I wouldn't say grommets will be the perfect cure but worth a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Dd had grommets at 18 months after continual ear infections. She was such an unhappy bub and always in pain. The grommets were a huge success.. Her ears cleared up straight away and no more infections. I have no regrets.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In 2008/2009 I have about 11 ear infections, middle ear infections that lasted for over 4 weeks each time. They were excruciating and I was on 4 different medication and ear drops.

My only advice would be get her some ear drops (unsure on what they are called but your chemist will know). They just numb the ear and are wonderful helpers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by higgleandgoot View Post
    I'm going through the same. DD has had ear infections constantly for the last 6 months. We're going to see an ENT next week.
    What do they do before deciding on grommets? Take a closer look at the ears? Do they try other avenues?
    There aren't really other avenues except Time. My ent recommended cutting out dairy. But basically if they keep getting ear infections and they have glue ear all the time it effects their hearing

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub