+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Hurry up and wait!

All great here
    Have decided to have an elective caesarian and scheduled for 5/11!
    Let us know how your scan goes

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hurry up and wait!

That's great Waggers70 glad to hear it.

I'm also happy to say the scan went well yesterday. 6w 6d scan, in the right place and doing the right things which is a relief after thinking over and over about all manner of ways it may have exited the night before!

Ox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ovumporium..apologies for delay in responding..have been somewhat in my own little world! Thank you for your great response to my email and I hope all is going well! I thought I'd give an update as things have moved really quickly.

Had initial appt on the 11th sept..and the nurses appt prior, so as not to waste time. I was feeling really excited prior to the appt, however, pretty down when I left. I think reality kicked in when I had the scan and he said that my number of follicles were in keeping with my age..41! I guess I was single all through my 30's pretty much..never met the right person and wasn't going to be with someone for the sake of it..anyway, as a result, never had the option of having a baby. Therefore as a defense mechanism, blocked all the stats out and told myself'they don't apply to me'. Ha! Therefore, when the FS was staring at my ovaries..I could not deny the facts any longer! What I was aware of however, was that my family are very fertile..a number of pregnancies later in life and no probs in getting that
    way. The reason for my doing IVF, is simply that my partner (46) has had a vasectomy..he has twin boys aged 8. So it is simply a mechanical issue. When I had bloods taken, the nurse asked sympathetically, how long I'd been trying to get pregnant..'I haven't I told her..and suddenly, felt like a fraud!

Anyway..from that appt..the 1st day of my cycle was 5 days later..straight on to 450 FSH..etc...I was wondering about the emotinalneffects of all the hormones..nothing! And my partner agreed!! The FS had also told me he'd be over the moon if I got 4-5 eggs..which was good information to keep it real. My follicles were growing well..last scan before EPU: L- 20, 16, 14, 2x12. R- 14, 12, 11.

At EPU I was emotional worrying about the number of eggs..knowing I might not get any..hoping for at least 1! 8 little eggies later!!

7 of them were injected..ICSI after Partners TESA..and 3 fertilized..day 2 today..looking good so far! 1 cell grade 3, 1 3 cell grade 3 and 1 4 cell grade 2. Scientist said particularly the grade 3s were really good at this point! Fingers crossed!

I'm now in discussions with partner as to whether to transfer 1 or 2.. If we were lucky! I assumed all along that it would be 1.. And in light of partner already having twins and knowing how challenging it is..didn't bother discussing this further. But today, he's now swaying that he'd be happy to transfer 2 and if we get twins we get twins! I need to sleep on it..I have a friend..42.. Who has just had twins through IVF and have seen first hand the challenges..and not only doesq she have her partner..but also her mother and aunt staying with her to provide care..of which they are significantly..her twins are 2 mo ths old. I certainly wouldn't have that luxury! However, from reading on BH..manybpeople transfer 2 and end up with 1. I guess either or, I would be lucky! Yikes!

Anyway..last I heard, you were having your 6 week scan..how did it go and how are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hello BusyB

Apologies I got a new phone and didn't realize my new one wasn't automatically logged on until now!

I'm wondering how it all went for you? Did you end up injecting? And how are things?

Up to 18 weeks now after a scare or two and an operation for whats been called an incompetent cervix but a stitch in place became a stitch in time.

Anyway really hoping things have progressed for you!

O

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Hurry up and wait!

Hi girls - I've been slack in replying. I did have my little boy (Percy) on 5th November via elective c-section. The surgery was not fun and I reacted badly to the drugs. However the results are well worth it even if I haven't had more than 2 hours of consecutive sleep over the past week

Having a newborn is both more wonderful than you imagine and more exhausting and emotional than you imagine. I have been crying from fatigue quite a lot but I still love every bit if being a mum.

Hope the stitch does a good job for you

Ps - I did have 2 embryos put back but only one grew - how dud you go busyb?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    Last edited by Waggers70; 28-11-2012 at 11:06.

Thanks
    Reviews

Congratulations Waggers70, very glad to hear you are there. Shame about the fatigue. That must be torturous. Wishing you a good night of sleep!
    O

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Waggers...How very exciting, exhausting and overwhelming for you, I'm sure! We focus on the getting pg and the duration, but sometimes it's difficult to visualize the end result and how challenging it can be

My first cycle, the one I talked about in the previous posts was unsuccessful as per the end result. However, the cycle itself went infinitely better than I expected. We transferred 2, I was even thinking of transferring all 3..funny how your ideas change day by day!

The tww was interesting, and I was particularly interested in how I would respond as you cant predict these things. I did so many tests I can tell you...but they helped greatly. The first one was to see when my FSH was out of my system..then..and probably a protective mechanism, I really didn't believe it would be positive..not on my first go. So I kept testing..about every 3 days when I began to feel that there might just be a positive outcome, to remind myself that it was negative..to guard against disappointment..lol! It actually worked for me that way! In fact I was impressed at how balanced I was through out the whole thing!

So..I had a month break..started my next cycle and had epu yesterday. Out of 7 follies..I got 5 eggs..4 mature and I'm just waiting for the call to see how many have fertilized..fingers crossed. Of course as you know you can analyze to death and compare the odds from the last cycle. That said, I think (hope) this time, I won't be over analyzing..as I realize that it seems no matter what grade the embryos are..no matter what pg symptoms you have..it seems like a numbers game! I've also just got a Great Dane puppy..having never had a dog before..and absolutely loving it..that's given me something to focus all my pent up maternal love onto..lol! And it's working. I feel really quite different this morning..much more philosophical, compared to last time waiting to hear about how many had fertilized. I thunk last time, being the first time, I was so worried about my age..I've just turned 42.. Thinking I'd have no eggs..and if I did, they wouldn't last the 5 days..but now I know I can do it

The doc was very impressed too..so for all those people who are on the first chance at motherhood later in life..it's not necessarily what you might think..yay!

So watch this space ladies..and I look forward to hearing about the realities of pregnancy and the first weeks of getting into a routine..although I have plenty of close people around me whom I'm able to observe and listen to..it's nice to hear from different perspectives

Take care..and continued good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update ladies.. 2 fertilized and had them both transferred today..day 2. One was a goodie and the other one was the lowest grade I had the guided ultrasound which was amazing..watching them being released into my uterus..very emotional! Now the tww..I'll see how long I can go before hpt

Thanks
    Reviews

Hello BusyB
    Thinking of you and the precious cargo. Sending 'implanting' vibes!
    O