+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Life decisions

I'm sure there are others out there that find the big life decisions tough. What sort of decision maker are you?

I am a second guesser - I commit to a well informed and researched life decision and then before executing it I second guess myself and wonder if that really is the right one or whether the alternatives might be worth a reconsider. Then I just feel like I am going in a circle and don't really get anywhere because I can't decide what to do.

I just wish there was an app or a person you could talk to and say "this is what I'm thinking, is this the right thing to do?" and you could get a definitive answer. I'm struggling with two pretty big ones and it is really starting to grate on me because of the uncertainty. I am a planner and an over-thinker too so plenty working against me.

My sister is of the "everything works out in the end" camp but many of their life decisions have worked out thanks to some good luck and/or plenty of assistance from parents. DH and I have never had anything handed to us and definitely don't have luck behind us so our situation feels different.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HOMS For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I believe everything works out as they should, so pretty relaxed about big decisions. DF is the over thinker and second guesser and we always end up going the way I lean towards eventually, and it always ends up being the right decision for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im a 'oh F it" type of decision maker lol Do what I think is best and if that doesnt work, try again. Cant know what will work the best without trying.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

disco86  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a libra so I suck at making decisions but I counteract this by making well informed decisions....with a back up plan lol!

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish there was an app too! I'm definitely a second guesser and over thinker. I just think of all the "what ifs". Though on the other hand, I think everything happens for a reason and it will all (hopefully) work out in the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP you pretty much described me too a tee lol

Over thinker, second guesser, non commuting haha

Can you start another thread to get us to help with your decisions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess there is always the back up plan but I have no idea what we would do as a back up plan if things went wrong.

JaneDoe - I have thought about starting a new thread for help with my decisions but I am not sure anyone would be interested. I mainly would want either objective opinions of my situation or people's own experiences. Maybe I should just do it. Oh no, ANOTHER decision.