+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When I think of natural births, I think about nature. Think about it, how many mammals out there use pain relief such as epidurals, pethidene etc? How many animals are using tools to break their waters or pull their babies out? Or cut themselves open to remove their baby? Humans are the only ones to do these things.
    Is it a bad thing? Not necessarily, because in nature if some of these necessary things haven't been done then the baby will pass away, as well as the mother.

ETA: I don't say the above to be offensive. I say it because thats what natural is, back to your animal instincts without any of the human technologies and evolutions to get in the way. Do I expect mothers to go find a cave and give birth as if they were animals in the wild? No way. I wouldn't do it, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Guest1234; 04-08-2012 at 18:09.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (04-08-2012)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    When I think of natural births, I think about nature. Think about it, how many mammals out there use pain relief such as epidurals, pethidene etc? How many animals are using tools to break their waters or pull their babies out? Or cut themselves open to remove their baby? Humans are the only ones to do these things.
    Is it a bad thing? Not necessarily, because in nature if some of these necessary things haven't been done then the baby will pass away, as well as the mother.
    Then almost nothing of what humans do is natural.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Then almost nothing of what humans do is natural.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Exactly, which is why I once argued that humans are 'above' animals because we have evolved, even though technically we are animals, we are different and more complex.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (04-08-2012)