+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    As others have said i would be really careful about moving interstate without the ex's permission. He has the power to drag you right back to QLD.

I personally have done what you want to. My ex has massive anger issues and is abusive. I left him in QLD and moved to NSW. Luckily for me he has not pursued anything in terms of family law. He doesn't really have the resources to do so though.
    Would your ex be in a position to afford legal representation or be entitled to legal aid? If not you might be alright.
    Would you be able to convince him to move to NSW and then leave him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Be careful about moving interstate. If he does go through the family courts they may order then children to move back within a certain distance of him.

If you have safety issues document, call the police, talk to DOCS. Otherwise the court may look on it as sour grapes with no documented evidence.

Get legal advice before you go interstate so you are fully aware of your options. I moved interstate and my children had to go back. So it DOES happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'd be very careful about moving interstate. It might not look good for you if it ever gets down to custody disagreements, and you could be forced to return anyway.

I think you've done a FABULOUS thing by realising that by staying, your daughters will learn to accept that behaviour as normal. I'm really really happy you've acknowledged that it's better to leave than to allow that to happen (and IMO, it's very likely it would if you remained with him). So definitely supportive of that move!

As for where to go, I would definitely seek legal advice before making any big decisions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you for making that decision for your girls. I don't have any advice to give but what the other ladies are saying sounds really good. I wish you the best. Hopefully everything works out for you :-)

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Leaving husband

good on you for making the right decision! Your kids will love u for it.

I wish my mother had if dine that for us when we were younger, its now 14 Years later and things are at their worst and we all haf to move away to escape it.

I am happy for you for having the courage. :-) you will be OK :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-P7320T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Leaving husband

Sorry mustn't have made sense lol. We are all moving interstate and then once we have moved and he goes back to work we are leaving so then I'm already in the state I want to be and he can't force me back to qld as we aren't here anymore. Does that make sense lol

We will live in NSW and he works in qld FIFO so he will just live at camp I presume and ill live with my mum.

It's taken a while for me to get here but I'm finally in the right head space for leaving and knowing its for the best. I would leave now but need to be in the right state.first so he can't force me.back. I'm just dreading the whole children side of things now as want them to be safe

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick mention - you cannot just leave and go back to the UK unless you leave your children here. If they are born in Australia you are stuck here unless he gives you permission to leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Just a quick mention - you cannot just leave and go back to the UK unless you leave your children here. If they are born in Australia you are stuck here unless he gives you permission to leave.
    This. I think it would come under Hague Convention - International Child Abduction?

Hope everything works out for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think she mentioned that she was leaving for the UK? I can't find it if she has.

Good luck with this OP, it would be very stressful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2twoEs View Post
    Sorry mustn't have made sense lol. We are all moving interstate and then once we have moved and he goes back to work we are leaving so then I'm already in the state I want to be and he can't force me back to qld as we aren't here anymore. Does that make sense lol

We will live in NSW and he works in qld FIFO so he will just live at camp I presume and ill live with my mum.

It's taken a while for me to get here but I'm finally in the right head space for leaving and knowing its for the best. I would leave now but need to be in the right state.first so he can't force me.back. I'm just dreading the whole children side of things now as want them to be safe

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub
    You may want to talk to a lawyer about this because he works in QLDs you are moving him in with you making him think all is fine so when you get settled and tell hi where you go he may have some ammo against you to get you back. Prob best to deal with this before you move, he will most likely not be as flexible if he knows you manipulated him. You shoudl deal with this asap if he is violent go to a shelter or something that can help you but cheating your way though will bite you in the bum if it goes to court and you will be placed in a bad light.

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    This is great advice

Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post
    I don't think she mentioned that she was leaving for the UK? I can't find it if she has.

Good luck with this OP, it would be very stressful
    yeah she mentioned she would if he doesn't act right.