+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Leaving husband

Guess I just needed to get this out somewhere and actually get my head around it.

We have been together 3 years and have a 22 month old and a 8 month old. He is a great dad when people are around but when just us just sits in front of the TV and moans or swears at me when I ask him to do anything. He has major anger problems and I can't leave the kids alone with him as he doesn't have the patience. He has been getting worse and worse and I've finally decided enough is enough. I kept hoping he would change but obviously not. I don't want my girls ending up with someone like him and thinking the way I'm treated is normal.

I guess I'm scared how he is going to react and how the hell I'm gonna afford to live. I don't have a clue about what I would be entitled to and I'm in QLD but I want to move with my mum to NSW but don't know if I'm allowed. So many things to think about but at least today is the first step admitting what I'm gonna do. I deserve better and more importantly the girls do too

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2twoEs For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (16-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Do you have family you can go to?

Start organizing yourself. Get copies of all bills, mortgage doc's, insurance, tax returns, superannuation statements, birth certificates etc etc. Scan and file on a USB stick, or got to office works and photocopy them all

Do a list and take photos of all your house and garage contents.

Contact Centrelink and see what you'll be entitled too

See your GP and get a referral for counseling.

http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/women/

Goodluck.
    Last edited by WorkingClassMum; 04-08-2012 at 09:29.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

JDiddy  (04-08-2012),Kiplusthree  (16-11-2012),lovelymum  (15-11-2012),SimplyMum  (20-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Huge hugs to you !
    I've been in your situation and it's really scary at first but you'll feel soooooooo much better !

My advice would be
    *make an appointment with centre link to see what you're entitled to
    *open a new bank account and start saving money
    *get together all important documents like birth certificates, rego papers, insurance policies etc

I'm not sure how you'd go moving to nsw from qld, maybe call legal aide and get some advice.

Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm originally from the UK but luckily have my mum over here but she lives in,NSW so I really want to move in with her until I get myself sorted and to be honest be as far,away from him as possible. I just know that obviously he has rights but I don't trust him with the girls and he doesn't like being left alone with them either but think he will turn into a beep just to beep me off so need to look into how I get him to only have supervised visits.

God is messy but thinking of leaving around Christmas so I can get myself and the girls sorted and saved some money x

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by han2505 View Post
    I'm originally from the UK but luckily have my mum over here but she lives in,NSW so I really want to move in with her until I get myself sorted and to be honest be as far,away from him as possible. I just know that obviously he has rights but I don't trust him with the girls and he doesn't like being left alone with them either but think he will turn into a beep just to beep me off so need to look into how I get him to only have supervised visits.

God is messy but thinking of leaving around Christmas so I can get myself and the girls sorted and saved some money x
    Iv been thro something like what you are going thro. I live In qld my family in Perth. I went to a lawyer who after much talking told me to just leave an not tell him. This was the biggest mistake ever. I got summoned to get back to qld 3 months later. Ild suggest for you to go into a woman's refuge and they will help you sort things out. I should of done that. You don't tell him your going to. Just do it when his not home. Google domestic violence qld and there should be a page that gives you a number xxxx Goodluck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (16-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Go and see Legal Aid, a woman's refuge as someone else has said as well.

If you leave the state he can get court orders to make you come back and it will work against you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely seek legal aid. I am not sure full facts, my cousin and her ex moved to qld from nsw with their two girls and he became "strange and abusive" and she obviously left and was unable to move back to nsw to be with family for support. Each time she comes on holiday back home, she must get his approval via court and if kids are not back in time she looses custody. Strange I know, I don't know full story but what I do know is total BS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emailed legal aid as there not open today so will see what they come back with. I don't think he will fight to much incase he worries I will just move back to the UK as I will if he gets to bad. As unfair as it is he doesn't do anything with the girls now.

I an going to try and fight for sole custody or at least supervised visits as know sole custody will be almost impossible.

I don't think it will be to hard though as he has a 4 year old son and he sees him maybe 4 times a year and his mother doesn't let him come up alone either so,that might go in by favor

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Leaving husband

Well iv been saving and were moving hubby thinks he is coming to which he will for a few days and then as soon as I'm at my mums in a new state I'm tellin him where to go. Thank God things have got worse everyday and now my only worry is my kids and how I can protect them from him . At least while I'm here they are safe but when he gets them I can't do anything and that scares me

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Leaving husband

Good for you. Have you been to police? It's good to have a record of it you being scared, etc. keep us posted and good luck.