+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Well, he IS still learning. Why does that irritate you? Do you know the answers to everything parenting related? Probably not, so you, yourself, are still learning.
    Give the poor guy a break.
    I agree. He has probably seen other people do it and thought it was normal. He said sorry and explained himself.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would have definitely gone easy on him. You've got to remember that he's learning as well and that he's not with his child every hour of the day. I know you say that he's not a guinea big, but your hubby is only human. Being a parent doesn't come naturally.
    His idea of parenting would probably be different to yours as well.
    Not every parent handles their child the same way. Maybe it's harder for your husband to deal with certain things your child does?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What if he was just having an off day? I know I have days where I just want to pull my hair out.
    Yesterday DS refused to eat his lunch, I was about to lose it so i walked into the kitchen and took a breather to calm down. Other days, I'm fine but these last few days, I've been losing my temper a lot. I'm only human at the end of the day.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Instead of bullying him for something he doesn't know, why don't you teach him?

How else is he meant to know what to do? You weren't born with perfect parenting knowledge, you had to learn somehow, and he deserves the same right to fair teaching as you do.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH and I are both making parenting mistakes and we have a 7, 5 and 22 month old. As long as we are learning and don't repeat our mistakes I'm OK.

Would you want your DH to forgive you if you made a mistake? Partners are supposed to be on the same team.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (05-08-2012),SugarSkull  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    My DH and I are both making parenting mistakes and we have a 7, 5 and 22 month old. As long as we are learning and don't repeat our mistakes I'm OK.

Would you want your DH to forgive you if you made a mistake? Partners are supposed to be on the same team.
    You said the beautifully : )

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If your the one usually feeds the baby then you should show him how you want it done not just stand in judgement if he does the wrong thing, he was likely feeling intimadated anyway with you watching him feed bub stressing he hadnt had enough and what not.

Maybe discuss how things are meant to be done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly, my son does feed himself but sometimes he needs you to put the fork or spoon up the right way etc and both my partner and I have been feeding him so I got a surprise when he was grabbing at DS's nose. DS was already irritable so he didn't get hold of him.I understand that everyone is learning but I thought there are things that you know that you don't do - like leave your kid in a car with the windows wound up.We have always agreed that our style would be Firm but fair, which is how I was raised but lately he's taken to being tyrannical saying things like 'my house my rules' and says I'm too soft

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohogirls View Post
    Firstly, my son does feed himself but sometimes he needs you to put the fork or spoon up the right way etc and both my partner and I have been feeding him so I got a surprise when he was grabbing at DS's nose. DS was already irritable so he didn't get hold of him.I understand that everyone is learning but I thought there are things that you know that you don't do - like leave your kid in a car with the windows wound up.We have always agreed that our style would be Firm but fair, which is how I was raised but lately he's taken to being tyrannical saying things like 'my house my rules' and says I'm too soft
    Leaving your kid in the car with the windows up and holding your kids nose to get them to open their mouth are two very different things.

You are clearly having a difference of opinion when it comes to parenting techniques...I hope you and your partner can figure it out without too much fighting.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Well, he IS still learning. Why does that irritate you? Do you know the answers to everything parenting related? Probably not, so you, yourself, are still learning.
    Give the poor guy a break.
    Agree (I seem to be doing that a lot with you lately lol). While if my DH did that I would of really got the sh*ts.... your partner did apologise and acknowledge he is still learning. If he had come home and justified himself and refused to see your point, then it would be different.

None of us are perfect parents, I know I'm sure not. Nor is your husband.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (04-08-2012)