+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default any ideas on what could be causing this?

my daughter is 3 weeks old and fully breast fed. I've cut out dairy as it seems to upset her belly. she is an. absolute dream baby of a day time, but come night time she wont relax, she feeds for a little then screams she grunt, and will just cry. constantly, she does plenty of big burpies. and its only of a night, starts around 7ish. any ideas?

Sent from my Racer using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hun were the same. Night time is hard. When did u cut out dairy coz ive heard it takes two weeks to get out of your system. Maybe a nice relaxing bath before bed? xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    about two weeks ago, when I was having it she was like this all day, the last couple if of days have settled butt nights. are the same a bath helps at the time of the bath but straight after it she's upset again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Witching hour?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

bokkie_wotwot  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I'd say its the witching hour. Babies tend to need to get all the stimulation of the day out - so they cry & grizzle of an evening till they're pooped & head to bed. DD is not nearly as bad as she was at 3 weeks though, so your DD might get easier to settle even in the witching hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    they do that at this age?!?! lol this is my third child I've just got a hopeless memory! ifs more like witching 4 hours!%

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my 2nd bub 15 weeks ago now. He cried a lot. Especially at night. I instantly thought colic, reflux, wind issues, etc so changed my diet, bought colic relief products, etc. I stressed! Then my good doc kindly reminded me that this behaviour is normal. Babies simply cry and for a number of reasons. Some are more sensitive than others. He said around the 10 week mark things should start to get better with regards to sleeping. And around the 12 weeks mark, the crying should start to diminish because bubs will have learnt other ways to communicate with you. And you'll start to recognize what bubs cries /needs are.
    Amazingly, he was right. At 10 weeks DS realized day was for up time and night was for sleeping. And now at 15 wks, he barely cries.
    Anyway, if bub does have wind issues, knead her legs like dough into her chest. Do the bicycle, rub her belly clockwise in big circles for large intestines then same direction but smaller circles for small intestines. Burp frequently and up high on your shoulder to create pressure on tummy. Another thing I did for DS at 2 wks old was take him to the chiro. He had put his back out a little after a speedy delivery. After the adjustment, DS fell asleep in my arms and slept sooo much better thereafter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by spitthedummy View Post
    they do that at this age?!?! lol this is my third child I've just got a hopeless memory! ifs more like witching 4 hours!%

Ha ha! Yep, they witch like they've never witched before.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is exactly what im experiencing with my 3 week old...so you're not alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is light at the end of the tunnel! My 8 week old has improved heaps in last few days. Hang on in there! Do you have any help with bub?