+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Uni books

I have no idea how I am going to afford them. Even second hand they are a stupid price. The book I need new costs $170 I found it second hand for $80 but the person isn't getti g back to me and that is still really expensive hmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought very few books when studying coursework degrees. Too expensive! And for only one semester!

Check if the uni library has sufficient copies (esp short term loan) and if it has electronic versions (even better), as you may not need to buy many at all.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing it from home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is there a uni near you that might have it in its library? You could enquire about joining or photocopy the chapters you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was studying I would buy the eBook instead of having an actual book. eBooks are a lot cheaper! I had all my texts books on my iPad/laptop and it was much more convenient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatale View Post
    When I was studying I would buy the eBook instead of having an actual book. eBooks are a lot cheaper! I had all my texts books on my iPad/laptop and it was much more convenient.
    How would I get one???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
    How would I get one???
    I would just google the book I needed and go to the publishers website and normally they have information on how to buy and download the eBooks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FemmeFatale For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shop around!! I have used abe books and fishpond for books online as well as unibooks and got a few sent from America that ended up being $50-$100 cheaper than the ones I found in Australia, even with postage.

It is expensive and it sucks sometimes the tutors would put up the chapters as we needed them in some of my subjects. They could only do a few at a time though due to copyright restrictions..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Textbooks are insanely expensive, aren't they? I just spent about $400 on my TAFE ones for this semester.
    I know some people that don't want to buy them just borrow from the library and photocopy or find cheaper second hand copies on ebay. I'm not too sure what else you could do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What are you studying?

I shopped around, I found some where cheaper if I got them from overseas. I found them so expensive as well