+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Parenting Payment Single & Working

I am currently on PPS. I have one child who is two years old.

I am about to start working on a casual basis, with full time hours. I'm curious as to whether or not I will still receive PPS or not.

I have a friend who works around 9-4 Monday - Friday and still receives the full benefit. I read on the website that to be eligible for the full benefit you need to earn less than $176 a fortnight.

If that is the case, how much is the part payment? I read that you need to earn less than $1760 a fortnight to be eligible for the part benefit.

TIA xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Your PP will be reduced depending on how much you earn - I'm not sure how it's possible your friend works that many hours and earns less that 177 per fortnight.? She would be required to report her employment income each fortnight to centrelink. The first couple of weeks or so of work may not reduce your payment but once your working credit balance is zero you're payment will reduce by about 50c in the dollar. You might still get around 300 per ftnt. Your FTBA and B won't be affected by your income.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They take out 40c to every dollar you earn over $170pf. and yes u still receive a payment or some of if u dont earn over the $1700pf.

With the family tax benifit, I updated mine to the amount i thought i would get that year including working. Since centrelink only tell them about your payments its up to you to update the total amount including work. You can do that online

Good Luck at your new job