+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    weird my post vanished...

blah short version, people who are now single like me, but were partnered during or part of the financial yr and their ex's worked but are for whatever reason not lodging tax returns, centrelink does what is called a forced reconciliation during November. So others like me, with an ex partner who is not lodging tax return but is suppose too, we have to wait until Nov for a forced reconcilation to be done, which does not guarantee anything.... they use various formula's to determine if your entitled to anything or incur a debt. GRRR

And in some cases I was informed by the supervisor from centrelink that you may not get anything when a forced reconciliation is done...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was paid mine at the start of August even though ex-DH hadn't done his tax yet. I told the guy I was speaking with at centrelink I think i'll have a debt because from about 1 month before ex-DH and I separated I had under estimated alot then we split up and he earned a lot from then to end of financial year. He was earning alot more because his wages went up.

The guy at centrelink said they would pay me $$ now and if I knew I had a debt to keep it in my account then use it to pay back all/some of the debt. Easier said then done! Had to get my car fixed.

Ex-DH did his tax on saturday and his accountant said it could take a while because of child support. I just want to know how much my debt is so I can start paying it back.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Centrelink payment - has anyone actually got it?

My tax was submitted yesterday but I don't think XH has done his tax yet. No idea when or if I'll get any supps back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did mine and DH's tax returns mid July and lodged an application for FTB A as a lump sum (which hopefully should include supplements, energy rebate thing and schoolkids thing) on 21st July!! Our tax returns came back with notice of assessments within 2 weeks.. and child care rebate within 3 weeks...

Still waiting on the FTB A... I phoned them monday as it had been 6 weeks (when everyone else was getting it back in 3!), we came close to the income cut-off so I thought maybe they had cancelled it and not told me. The woman I spoke to said it was not an issue, we were still 5k under the threshold and that it would go through but couldn't tell me when other than that there was a backlog of them.
    I've just gone on maternity leave and desperately hope it comes through in the next week..I check every day and nothing.
    Has anyone else waited 6 weeks or more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone know what this means, I logged into centrelink online, and I have my family payment due tomorrow, (Tuesday) usual day for me, but I see it has 0.00 due for Wednesday 12th, and I see under manage money you owe I have:

Arrears payment of Family Tax Benefit Part A
    $343.10
    Arrears payment of Rent Assistance
    $108.69
    A deduction for repayment of a debt
    -$451.79
    TOTAL: $0.00

10 Sep 2012 New Debt Raised $598.71 $598.71

10 Sep 2012 CLW -$451.79 $146.92

I cannot call them as I have no phone at the moment.

I have 4 kids, so am I not getting any of that ftb supps thing and have a debt instead ?

God, I hope Im still getting my family payment tomorrow.

I cant be without money for food, is there anyway to contact them via email while I have no home phone ?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Centrelink payment - has anyone actually got it?

They don't take all of your debt in The one family tax benefit payment. Usually when you have a debt with c/link, they will take a small amount out fortnightly until it's paid.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SomewhereOverTheRainbow View Post
    I did mine and DH's tax returns mid July and lodged an application for FTB A as a lump sum (which hopefully should include supplements, energy rebate thing and schoolkids thing) on 21st July!! Our tax returns came back with notice of assessments within 2 weeks.. and child care rebate within 3 weeks...

Still waiting on the FTB A... I phoned them monday as it had been 6 weeks (when everyone else was getting it back in 3!), we came close to the income cut-off so I thought maybe they had cancelled it and not told me. The woman I spoke to said it was not an issue, we were still 5k under the threshold and that it would go through but couldn't tell me when other than that there was a backlog of them.
    I've just gone on maternity leave and desperately hope it comes through in the next week..I check every day and nothing.
    Has anyone else waited 6 weeks or more?
    I'm the same as you, we actually were over the cut-off by a fair amount, but we could claim enough back with our accountant, so he got us just under.
    I had to lodge a lump sum claim which was done at the end of July, still have not heard anything. We got our tax returns and my child care rebate pretty much straight away and that's it. It's so frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews

M22B, can I ask if you have received your payment yet? I lodged mine on 14th August, so about a month after yours, and I am still waiting. I keep getting told different lines, depending on who I talk to at Centrelink, regarding how long these claims are supposed to take to process. I am starting to get really, really annoyed about how long this is taking, but sort of want to see if others are still waiting, before I really go

Thanks
    Reviews
    well, good luck is all I can say, because I am told so many different things, I just dont know what the real answer Is OR If they them selves even Know.

Mines a little different, I am separated now and was partnered through the financial year... ex still has Not lodged a tax return, thats out of my control and hands, and centrelink tells me

1) Come Middle of Nov they will do a "forced" reconciliation and I will get my supps then using the previous years info.
    2) I am told I will have to wait until 2014 If ex has not lodged any tax returns by then to get this years supps... like what the hell ?
    3)If he does not lodge by the cut off date which was I think 1st Oct, I will get it next yr's batch
    4) I miss out this yr, and will get supps next yr if im able too then but will not get this yrs, next yr.
    5) I need to take him to court and have him forced to lodge a tax return, again what the hell..........
    6) Kind of same as 4... I will miss out this yr, but I should get 2 lots next yr is eligible.

SO who really does ? because I have as you can see, so many different responses... from so called centrelink staff and every time a different response is given me And I mention previous ones, all they can say to me is, we dont know why you were given the wrong info, we apologise, it is incorrect... yet I have 7 different answers and now.... early Oct I see No info on supps, have No supps, cannot force ex to lodge atax return, barely speak to him as it is, and seems like they dont even know if I get any, when or how... and this seems to be acceptable.

I really wish someone really did know so I know if I will ever get any, instead of hanging onto desperate Hope.

YMo7 is offline 37 week ultrasound of our baby girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i lodged my dh's tax return today.
    i told c'link today that i dont have to lodge.

we over estimated our income for last financial year. is this what ftb supp is for? or do they fix the amount we have been underpaid aswell?