+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Centrelink payment - has anyone actually got it?

What exactly is this payment? Is everyone entitled or is there a cut off?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaleggos View Post
    What exactly is this payment? Is everyone entitled or is there a cut off?
    I would also like to know this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do not submit a tax return. I noticed a rather large extra payment a month or two ago and assumed that was it. But I haven't checked for certain.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

If you get ftb part b you'll get this supplement providing you didn't under estimate your families income for last financial year. If you did under estimate it they use part/all of the supplement to pay and arrears.

Thanks
    Reviews

I opted to get ftb (not sure whether it's a or b, but we've only ever received the one) at the end of the year as its usually pitiful. Our tax returns and refunds were paid at end of July and I haven't received anything else. Want to ring centre link but don't know what I'm asking for???? Sorry to sound stupid 😳

Thanks
    Reviews

I got mine the second week in July

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Do u work? Part b is to supplement one income families. If u earn too much it won't matter if u work or not. You can look this up on the family assistance website just google family tax benefit part a (or b).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know how long or when centrelink does the reconcilliations for people who are single and waiting on ex to lodge atax return ?

Kind of crap for us who were partnered some what during the financial year and then became single waiting on an ex partner to lodge a tax return before we get supps... is anyone in a similar situation and got theirs yet or know any info ?

Every time I call centrelink they say they can see I do not need to lodge and they are waiting on a tax return by the ex and I explained numerous times its not in my hands.. /sigh

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sensational For This Useful Post:

Cromo  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

That is the money that centrelink holds into incase you own them money if you have fixed up your tax then just contact centrelink tell them your tax is all fixed up this year and they will organize it for you. I got it mid July.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally got someone who knows what they are talking about at centrelink, those of us who are now single but were partnered some what during the financial year and their ex's have not lodged a tax return but are suppose too, like my ex, centrelink does what they call a forced reconciliation in November. Its based on different factors in how they formulated what your possibly entitled too, and they can also use a previous yrs estimate etc.

Anyway nothing more can be done, if ex does not lodge between now and Oct cut off date, and will have to wait for a forced reconciliation during Nov and hope i end up with some money!

Good Luck to others in similar situations like myself.