+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    hope you get what you want, this is my first experience with public (had the other two privately) and on my first ob appt last week i had the dead baby card thrown at me for even suggesting a vbac after 2 ceaserians.
    I really hope things work out ok for me (and for you too!).

Im sorry you experienced a similar comment to me. Im still trying to get over the way she said it to me and DP. There was no concern in her voice it was more sarcastic and horrible than anything else. And she could have worded it a whole lot better. It was totally disrespectful to everyone who has ever lost a baby. So much for bedside manner!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im still hanging in there, i am doing lots of reading and going through all my options. I have appreciated all of the posts and time people have taken to reply to me. Its wonderful to feel so supported. Thank you guys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck OP, I really wish for you to get the outcome you are after. I am in tears reading all these posts as I am still very affected by my induction 6 months ago, i believe it was also the cause of the bonding issues I had with DS.
    Though at the end of the day I am so grateful that DS is here safe and healthy, that even though it affects me emotionally so much still, I would have done anything at the time to up the odds of him being ok.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mulva For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought those that have replied to my post may be interested in the bellow document, which clearly outlines my option of monitoring and ultrasound and my right to refusal. As you know from my post i was told i could not be monitored and there was no route other than induction. I am a low risk paitent with no complications other than being 6 day past my 'due date'. It appears some doctors dont read or follow the official state perinatal Practice guidelines. Needless to say i will be making a formal complaint to the hospital on Monday and asking that my medical record and care be transferred to a different hospital in adelaide. I will also be cancelling the induction. Thank you every one.

http://www.health.sa.gov.au/PPG/Desk...+pregnancy.pdf

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

1+1=5  (07-08-2012),Boobycino  (04-08-2012),BornToBe  (04-08-2012),Bubbles10  (04-08-2012),Busy-Bee  (04-08-2012),Izzybee  (23-08-2012),lones  (06-08-2012),Sarelou  (04-08-2012),smallpotatoes  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done hun!! X

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pilbarablossom For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Good for you!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    May I ask what hospital it is? I'm from Adelaide too and am interested to know.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mum2mj For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I refused induction and eventually only consented to having my waters broken at 42 weeks. The only reason I consented to that was because dh had been off work since 38 weeks and needed to go back. I was having monitoring every day, baby was fine, I was fine and I have a personal and family history of long gestation. After my water was broken, I didn't consent to any further intervention, in fact I went home and it took 18 hours for labour to spontaneously begin. Nobody can make you do anything OP. It's your choice and ultimately you are the one that has to live with the consequences. Be informed and do what you want.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (04-08-2012),Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyed View Post
    I thought those that have replied to my post may be interested in the bellow document, which clearly outlines my option of monitoring and ultrasound and my right to refusal. As you know from my post i was told i could not be monitored and there was no route other than induction. I am a low risk paitent with no complications other than being 6 day past my 'due date'. It appears some doctors dont read or follow the official state perinatal Practice guidelines. Needless to say i will be making a formal complaint to the hospital on Monday and asking that my medical record and care be transferred to a different hospital in adelaide. I will also be cancelling the induction. Thank you every one.

http://www.health.sa.gov.au/PPG/Desk...+pregnancy.pdf
    Hi Taiyed. I'm glad you found that doc cause that OB might need a little refresher course in her field, as well as a lesson in bedside manner!

My midwife was happy to let me go to 42 weeks and then from there the hospital would label me high risk (??) and it would be daily monitoring and shipped off to a hospital more equipped for 'high risk' but she would go with me which was reassuring.

She offered to do a membrane sweep at 40+4 as I was 3cm and soft so I agreed. Bub arrived 12 hours later after a 5 hour labour.

Hopefully you don't get to the stage of daily monitoring but if you do I hope you find a caregiver who will support you in your choice to wait.

Best of luck xx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlyWirly For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You go girl!!! Good luck with it all

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nagari For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (04-08-2012)