+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been induced a little early both times due to PE, so medically neccessary. The first time, I was clueless and they pretty much did whatever without explaining anything to me.
    The second time, I was prepared. I knew I had to be induced for baby's safety and mine, but I WAS going to do it my way. Instead of the gel or the drip, I told them they could break my waters first, and then I would walk around, bounce on the fitball, do what I thought would help. They were allowed to monitor bub every hour or so with a doppler, not the whole full belly-strapped to the bed thing, and check my dilation when I asked THEM. She was born about 5 hours after they broke the water, no other intervention, no drugs, no problems.

I'm not trying to be pro-inducing here, but if it DOES become neccessary later on, know that YOU do still have some say in what they can do. If you feel something isn't working or helping, speak up! It is your body, and your baby. There are always risks, even with 100% natural labours. As long as you know what they are, you are still in charge. Don't be afraid to ask "Why?" either, everytime they "suggest" something.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Psylent For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (04-08-2012),Busy-Bee  (04-08-2012),equinemagic  (04-08-2012),Opinionated  (04-08-2012),Sarelou  (04-08-2012),Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Let's hope that your baby now decides to make an entrance before you are due to be induced!
    I was booked in to be induced at 41+2. (40+9) at 6am but waters broke at midnight and DS was born at 8am. I was so scared about being induced as well so I am soooo thankful things turned out a bit different.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    all my bubs stats were fine & dr told me to go overdue & just wait. finally induced at 42 weeks against midwifes advice to wait, 42 weeks was too long in my opinion. bub got shoulders stuck in labour and then delivered unconscious, blue, and not breathing.
    Waters were black full of meconium, if she had been in there any longer she could have got an infection.
    I would induce at 41 weeks and will be next time, thats my decision. Im not telling you what to do, just sharing my experience.

I have been induced with both babies labours. Both labours were perfect, gas only, no tears.... Very easy. First labour 3.5 hours. Second labour 45 minutes.
    There is nothing wrong with induction, it saved both my babies.. You just have to get the timing right.
    Last edited by kuhari; 04-08-2012 at 05:41.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kuhari For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's different for everybody; OP you are obviously well read & know your research, in tune with your body & baby and feeling good about your decision - wish you all the best. Be sure and come back to post your birth story for us!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Minchi - same had I not been through what I did with Jasper and so swore to myself I wouldn't go in unprepared again I'd not have taken it so well. What made me laugh and roll my eyes was what the ob said wasn't even that cleverly hidden. It contradicted common knowledge about vbacs. It contradicted what info I had been given by the hospital!

Psylent - I agree with you too, if you feel an induced labour is right for you and your body go for it. If you go in in a few days, just wanting to get the show on the road, you feel your body is favourable for being induced and it's what you want (because if it's not as well stress and anxiety doesn't exactly encourage your body to relax and open!)

Best wishes! I hope you aren't even reading because you are too busy birthing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey taiyed. I had to read your story and I really hope that you get what you want and it all works out well.

I've seen numerous sides of induction vs non induction. Had a friend in private, only 3days late and the doctor induced her cause it fitted to his schedule! She ended up with an emergency c section and continually regrets her decision to be induced. My sister was left 12 days over and ended up with a massive baby, who was born naturally but under severe distress with vacuum etc. they both had a traumatic experience but are now fine. There is no correct answer but if you feel so strongly about this then keep pushing for what you want. Good luck xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lolz83 For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 10 week old DD & i was determined that i was going to go into labor naturally as i had horrendous inductions with my other 2, epi, drugs, stitches, you name it. However, i had to be induced at 40 + 6 due to high BP & i was absolutely gutted but it turned out to be my best labor yet & i wasn't showing any signs of labor before that either. Gel was put in, didn't make any progress within a few hours so they broke my waters & DD was born 2 hrs later, no drugs, epi, nothing, just some gas & a warm bath. So i ended up getting my natural birth after all.

My point is, induction doesn't have to be a bad experience

14. The Following User Says Thank You to loumia For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really hope you go into labour naturally and get the birth you hope for

I also have a positive induction story though so I hope that if you end up getting induced that it goes well too I needed to be induced at 40 weeks with my first bub due to high blood pressure. The doctor wanted to break my waters and put a drip straight in, this wasn't what I wanted and the midwife talked to doctor for me. I so didn't want to be induced! I ended up having my waters broken and was then allowed to see how things progressed over the next few hours. Luckily my body was ready, I was 2cm and stretchy, so after my waters were broken contractions started within half an hour and my little girl was born 4 hours later and I only used gas for pain relief. Remember that you have choices when it comes to induction too

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibranTwin For This Useful Post:

Opinionated  (04-08-2012),Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    However, once you consent to start induction, you don't know how your body will react and it can be much harder to negotiate the next wave of intervention they offer you. Having an experienced independent caregiver, such as a private midwife or doula, to support you gives you your best chance of achieving the birth you want.

The hospital care provider has already shown they care little for informed consent or dissent. When you are in labour it can be even harder to fight the *********

It is interesting to note that those saying that 'inductions can be great births too' largely had only their waters broken or gel applied followed by 4 hour labours. Unfortunately, that is not what happens in the majority of induced labours.
    Last edited by Bubbles10; 04-08-2012 at 09:32.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (04-08-2012),Busy-Bee  (04-08-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (04-08-2012),Taiyed  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    However, once you consent to start induction, you don't know how your body will react and it can be much harder to negotiate the next wave of intervention they offer you. Having an experienced independent caregiver, such as a private midwife or doula, to support you gives you your best chance of achieving the birth you want.

The hospital care provider has already shown they care little for informed consent or dissent. When you are in labour it can be even harder to fight the *********

It is interesting to note that those saying that 'inductions can be great births too' largely had only their waters broken or gel applied followed by 4 hour labours. Unfortunately, that is not what happens in the majority of induced labours.
    I totally get what your saying but I don't want the OP hearing only negative stories, if it gets to the point of induction being necessary on her terms I want her to know there are good outcomes too (even if the minority)

I went on to have a second labour/birth that started naturally and I needed no drugs. That was what I was fighting for with my first. I also felt all I heard were bad induction stories first time round and once it begun all control was lost, luckily that wasn't the case for me.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LibranTwin For This Useful Post:

2girls1boyplus1  (04-08-2012)