+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had 4 inductions with no problems most of them have been 2 weeks early to my due date ending with no problems at all and with 3 to 4 hour labors..... I don't regret any of my decisions with following the advice
    of the Doctor each time....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuffledPansy For This Useful Post:

equinemagic  (04-08-2012),Taiyed  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    Do u not trust the Advice of your ob? What is more important a natural delivery or safe delivery? Take a warm bath and do some relaxation and visualize a healthy baby. At the end of the day the delivery doesn't define the mother. I am perplexed by your resolve. Please please trust me your delivery will not change how you perform at the real job...being a mum.
    I can understand the op. If the doctor told her that she was unwell or the baby was not well then you would agree quickly as it's in theirs and your best interest to do so.

But if doctors force inductions onyou because the txtbook says so then i would fight it.

I had to fight twice to delay induction. First time I caved eventually but second time I was stronger and said no and then walked out. Both times healthy baby and perfect placenta. My second normal labour was drug free cos it was much less painful. No tearing or stitches. no trauma.

I'd like to make an analogy for birth. It's both a journey and a destination. Some of us find the journey is important too.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (18-01-2014),lones  (03-08-2012),Taiyed  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    I recently had my bub at 41 +4. I went private and my ob started talking induction at 5 days over, which came as a bit of a surprise to me (it was quite upsetting because this was not something I had planned on - my pregnancy was pretty much trouble free). He told me the risks of going over my edd - same things previous posters have mentioned. I told him that I really didn't want to be induced and he suggested that I don't make any decisions on that day and sleep on it. After doing this - I was ok at being induced 11 days over. The induction was booked for this time. I went into labor the day I was due to be induced and I had a really positive birth experience with no induction, though my waters were broken. Something that did concern me though was that the placenta was in really bad shape so I'm quite glad that we had booked the induction at 11 days over because I think there may have been a risk that any later may have put bub at risk.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkerBee For This Useful Post:

equinemagic  (04-08-2012),Taiyed  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What fantastic replies - i have trusted my instincts up until this point. I just felt so overwhelmed after the appointment that i just had to get so reassurance and other perspectives.

I should add that in the past i have reacted very very badly to anesthetic, morphine and codeine. If i had to have any pain relief i can pretty much count on constant projectile vomiting, dizzy spells and falling asleep where i cant easily be woken up. They have this on my notes.

Therefore i had planned on having a pain relief free birth and have prepared myself for the most excruciating main of my life. I have also planned to have a water birth and signed my life away with all the hospital paperwork.

The midwives at all the antenatal classes push the intervention free & drug free approach but the drs do the exact opposite.... I just dont understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=missie_mack;6732923]I know I said I wouldnt get involved but I just wanted to say 2 points. I am yet to find any medical study that says 40+11 is the date placenta issues start. They are all based on full weeks! Another four days can make all the difference.

I was simply sharing my experience, please do not think I was suggesting this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyed View Post

The midwives at all the antenatal classes push the intervention free & drug free approach but the drs do the exact opposite.... I just dont understand.
    This amazed me as well.

i went to all the classes, where the midwives discouraged using drugs in labour, showed a video of a drugged out baby versus a non drugged baby, pushed for natural births...then the minute you go 10 days over, all the advice is off.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went into hospital on the Thursday night to be induced Friday morning but got turned away because the hospital was too full and to come back on the Monday. I think that was all the warning DD needed because she decided to come on her own on the Friday.

I've heard good things about acupuncture/acupressure - you can look up acupressure on youtube. I'd be going for long walks, having sex etc trying to coax bub a bit. Also plan to do something awesome for Monday so bub will come and ruin your plans

I'd call up the hospital and see if there is any other doctor you can talk to about monitoring . Or get your DH to do it on your behalf. Take it higher if need be. Sure they should warn you of risks but it sounds like they didn't go the right way about it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I was in your position at around this time last year. My ob didn't quite get to the dead baby threat but it was implied, and because I had already gone through ivf, "did I really want to take the risk?" I felt I was bullied. I wish I had gone with my gut feeling plus i was a little naive and let the drs bully me so instead I was induced at 40+10 and had a classic cascade of intervention ending in a c-section. I suffered post-traumatic stress and am still trying to come to terms with it all, especially the feelings of guilt. I guess the main thing is to be comfortable with your decisions. Don't let anyone bully you into doing something that doesn't feel right to you. Enjoy that bath, take big breaths, long walks and trust your instincts.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to futuremamma For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone!

Missie-mack i have read your birth story and some great posts of yours. I read them a while back so i had some ammo before going in today. I had hoped i would be listened to by the dr but it didnt work out that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am thankful i have a supportive GP that is happy to see me on monday and to talk to me about my options, risks etc. she of course has no say on what the hospital does.

I feel so much better reading all of your posts. I now feel like i am being reasonable (was starting to question myself) in wanting to wait and to be monitored.