+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bonds Wondersuits - not what they used to be??

I recently bought DD some of the twin pack Wondersuits from Big W in a size 0. I went to put one on her last night and it swims on her! The 0's I have from DS fit her nicely!

So I measured it against a size 1 I had and they are the same! I bought 3 packets!!!

I don't know if Big W have sold ripoffs or what the story is. When we found out DD was a DD, I bought all sizes in the pink to add to my "collection" and they are all fine. But these are not. The packet said "new design" but they feel thinner and the collars and cuffs are different.

I'm going to complain to Bonds as have washed them so can't return them, but has anyone else found the same??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to find bonds sizes were way smaller than other brands... Maybe people kept complaining and now they've changed them... Writing to them can't hurt tho!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aldi have exactly the same thing for $5.

Bonds quality has gone down hill since they went off shore.
    I have bought several bonds items that are just not what they used to be so I stopped buying them.
    I refuse to pay for bonds clothing when I can get the same quality or better for half the price. Like BIG W brand or Aldi imports.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i got a double pack of the blue size 1's for ds, and whilst one fits perfectly, the other is way too small.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I recently bought DD some of the twin pack Wondersuits from Big W in a size 0. I went to put one on her last night and it swims on her! The 0's I have from DS fit her nicely!

So I measured it against a size 1 I had and they are the same! I bought 3 packets!!!

I don't know if Big W have sold ripoffs or what the story is. When we found out DD was a DD, I bought all sizes in the pink to add to my "collection" and they are all fine. But these are not. The packet said "new design" but they feel thinner and the collars and cuffs are different.

I'm going to complain to Bonds as have washed them so can't return them, but has anyone else found the same??
    well thats what you get when the company gets sold to china or whatever it was that happened.

but seriously, I found in the past that the original bonds suits shrunk a size once they had been washed and dried. maybe they are trying to solve that problem. But yeah they seem more like the dimples brand these days. my DP refuses to buy bonds and really hates it when I do. Either way they are no longer worth that extra money over the cheaper brands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bonds in general ain't what it used to be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always found you have to go up a size when it comes to Bonds...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lw1981 View Post
    well thats what you get when the company gets sold to china or whatever it was that happened.
    Really? I didn't know that. Guess that's why then. Grumble grumble.