+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It doesn't really worry me if someone does this. Our Garbo people aren't particularly fussy about whether the bins are overfilled, they'll take it anyway. If my bin is already out the front for collection, and there's enough room to fill it more and someone puts stuff in it, it doesn't really affect me in any way *shrugs*.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I can totally see why you'd be annoyed. She's just too lazy to drag her own bin out. You're practically putting her bin out for her. It'd be like if there was a communal garden, and you were the only one tending to it, but all your neighbours kept pinching all the herbs. Sure, maybe you can't eat that much parsley anyway, but unless you've offered it to them then it's really taking the p!ss to let someone else do all the work.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's a bit of rubbish. your right, totally petty....

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    DP and I were discussing this very thing on Wednesday, which is our bin day
    If the bin has room, then who cares? But if the bin is already clearly overflowing then it would be annoying.
    Yeah I agree. I wouldn't give a rats behind if there was room. If it caused it to overflow, it might be mildly annoying. But even then, I don't think I would be too concerned...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My main concern if this was happening to me, is that by placing more rubbish in my bin, it caused mine to overflow.
    Thus potentially causing crows and/or cats to make a huge disgusting mess by ripping open the bags and scattering the rubbish.

I never overfill my bin for this very reason- I have seen it happen too many times.
    Sounds petty until you have that kind of mess to clean up....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the difference might be where you live and your council laws too.

The OP has stated that because of the neighbour putting her rubbish in their bin it wasn't emptied due it 'overflowing.'

I never used to care either...and then we got given bins half the size of what we were used to with a message on the lid stating that it will not be collected if the lid doesn't close all the way (therefore even it sticking up a bit is not okay).

It makes you a lot more precious about your bin!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our bin is always full so not really an issue for us but one day (before kids) someone but non recy in our recy bin and they were sticking out so it was obvious so didn't get emptied we ended up having to take this rubbish to the tip at our cost!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Our general waste bin is never full, but occasionally our recycling bin is, as they come fortnightly.

Sometimes I wait until late on bin night and put it in the neighbour's bin if their bin is only half full. I figure they are probably not going to use that little bit of extra space anyway.

Likewise, people have put stuff in our bin before. It doesn't bother me. I figure it's fair game once it's on the street.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (03-08-2012),Witwicky  (03-08-2012)

Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be annoyed too. I am so over people feeling as if they entitled to do whatever they want. What happened to manners?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Becks23 For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it caused overflowing bin and she denied, i would yell from the window to stop her