+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thumbs down 7 weeks & already on BP tablets.

I'm 7 weeks + 1 day pregnant, I had my first antenatal appt yesterday and I'm already on Blood Pressure tablets (Methyldopa), gaah. I really didn't want to form hypertension in this pregnancy. I got it in my first pregnancy but didn't form it till later on when I was about 34 weeks. I now have to pee in a big jug for 24 hours to see if any protein is passing through my kidneys... *sigh* just venting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry sweets! I hope it stays incontroll. Did it cause bubs to come early previously?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vent away! BP is so frustrating.

I was put on bp medication with DS2 at 6 weeks and managed to keep it in check until he was delivered at 38+2 because of spiking BP. I was told to stop work at 30 weeks because my job is stressful, and went on to deliver a perfectly healthy little boy.

At 6 weeks they made me do 5 days of jugs! It's seriously annoying ...

I suppose the point of my story is that they can tinker with your medication - my dose changed three or four times over the course of my pregnancy - and you may end up with an outcome that isn't pre-eclampsia.

Hang in there. The end outcome is worth the stupid side effects of the medication.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update, I did the whole 24 hour pee-ing in a jug thing. I passed no protein in my urine. YAY !

Yes, it is very annoying. I developed mild pre-eclampsia with my daughter and had to be induced, it was the worst.

But alas it looks like things are going great with this pregnancy thus far. I'm 12 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I went from 1 x 250mg methyldopa a day to 2 x 250mg methyldopa a day. My blood pressure has dropped tremendously and I'm losing weight, a kg a week on average. Which is great, I guess that helps with the BP too Thanks for listening ladies.