+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default A wee problem!

Hi

I have an appt with a urologist next week and am scared. I have a bladder prolapse and leak urine daily. Sorry tmi!
    Just wanted to hear from anyone who has similar issues and what happened at their first appt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone? - feeling really alone at the minute

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs, I have bladder and uterine prolapse. I only leak urine if my bladder is really full and I laugh/sneeze/cough etc.

It's a really isolating thing to have I know because it's embarrassing and no-one wants to talk about it.

Massive hugs and good luck with your appointment I hope you can get some solutions to your problem xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to felicia81 For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Thanks for sharing your story. Looking at your signature I believe a congratulations is in order

The tena ads used to have me in tears as they always show older women and for someone at the time who was having issues in their 20's prior to childbirth it's just so isolating. We can talk about pretty much everything on bub hub but it seems that this is the exception. Even behind the screen women feel embarrassed. I have difficulty acknowledging it to myself sometimes so I suppose I do understand the reluctance, it just seems to give bladder issues "more power" !
    I'm rambling a bit....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping for tonight's hubbers

In My Stride is offline 3 babies, 2 businesses, 1 husband & a partridge in a pear tree
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a prolapse but I do leak every time I cough, sneeze or have an orgasm - I need shares in sanitary products lol, you're not alone hon xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to In My Stride For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by In My Stride View Post
    I don't have a prolapse but I do leak every time I cough, sneeze or have an orgasm - I need shares in sanitary products lol, you're not alone hon xxx
    I finally caved in and now use poise liners which are better designed for bladder leakage. They say that there for menstrual and light bladder usage so it's less confronting than having to use tena. You also feel drier and it feels a bit more hygienic.

Also thanks for posting, I don't feel so alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a prolapse either but I do leak urine all the time, I was
    Ok until I got pneumonia when I was pregnant with my 4th bub, I've has a problem since then, it's awful :/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to StormAngel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A wee problem!

I got a bladder prolapse after the birth of my daughter. I went to the physio every week for about six months to assist with pelvic floors. The prolapse is better and less uncomfortable, but I still know its there. I know there is surgery available, however it is recommended its only done after you have completed your family. For me, surgery is a must as soon as I've had my last child.
    Have you seen a physio? The lady I saw was really good and considering its such an embarrassing topic, I didn't feel too awkward seeing her. Apparently having a prolapse is so much more common than what you think, it's just that no one dares speak about it.