+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Prelabour? This early? WDYT?

I'm 34 wks 4 days. For the last 2 weeks my Braxton Hicks have been getting worse and more uncomfortable. 3 days ago I had a tiny bit of bloody show. At the moment I can barely walk to the kitchen without super uncomfortable tightenings and for the past two hours I have been having off and on period pains and back pain. I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead according to the us I had on Friday.
    I'm just really scared I'm going to feel like this for the next 5-7 weeks!! has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry, haven't had this, but if you are concerned, it's probably worth giving the middies at the hospy a ring to see what they think. Better to set your mind at ease

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah agree. Just ring hospital to speak to a midwife. They will be able to give you a clearer idea of what's going on. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks ladies, I am about to leave for work so might call on the way. I have a middy appointment on Tuesday, just wondered if anyone had been through similar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Argh Atropos you are only a week ahead of me that's scary to think you may be!
    Let us know what your middy says. It does sound like the labour signs I have been warned to take notice of!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. Yeeeep, that sounds familiar! This started for me at 35 weeks, on and off. I started losing my plug from that point and had period pain and back pains. I had my DS at 40+6, but labour was only 5 hours, so all that practice was worth it in the end! What helped me alot was weekly pregnancy accupuncture, fortnightly from 38 weeks. Just being able to rest and relax for 60-90 minutes was heavenly and it did seem to help with the intensity of the sensations, reduced stress and helped me sleep better. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    Argh Atropos you are only a week ahead of me that's scary to think you may be!
    Let us know what your middy says. It does sound like the labour signs I have been warned to take notice of!
    I don't think it hurts quite enough to be actual labour iykwim? But I was induced with DD so I don't know what it's like to go naturally, which panics me a bit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebear74 View Post
    Hi there. Yeeeep, that sounds familiar! This started for me at 35 weeks, on and off. I started losing my plug from that point and had period pain and back pains. I had my DS at 40+6, but labour was only 5 hours, so all that practice was worth it in the end! What helped me alot was weekly pregnancy accupuncture, fortnightly from 38 weeks. Just being able to rest and relax for 60-90 minutes was heavenly and it did seem to help with the intensity of the sensations, reduced stress and helped me sleep better. Good luck!
    Thanks Angiebear! Wow I could have 6 weeks of this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes unfortunately...... just try to relax as much as you can. It can be tough I know.