+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ive been converted to iPhone and won't go back to android.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    LM - yeh I use hubbys iPhone but the whole screen/keypad just doens't compare to the HTC imo
    You might be better off with the samsung if you don't like your DH's phone.

I do like the 'swype' on my samsung because I too am hopeless with touch phone screen thingys. I still end up sending texts with completely wrong words, commas and full stops in the middle of a sentence but the swype does make it a bit quicker.

DP was saying the new Samsung is freaking massive and people will look like complete dills with them up to their ear but did say they would be handy for people who don't have a tablet because they are kind of a cross between a tablet and a phone.

It took me aaaaaaages to get used to the size of the samsung galaxy s2 so I think it will take some time to get used to the sheer ginormous size of the new samsung but it sounds like it will be better for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    i hate the iphone keypad - its sooooooooooooooo small.. but i like the other features.

ahh what to do...

on a side note I rang 3 and told htem they were sh1t and I was goign to cancel even though my contract not up until March 2013.

They have given me 3mths for free while they swap networks.

Does anyone know what your legal rights are, if you are leaving because you just NEVER have reception can they make you pay out your contract? Or have thebreached the contract already by not providing you with the service they promised?
    Not sure if someone has already responded to this as I haven't checked. My husband had rubbish reception when he switched from 3 to Vodafone. He complained and they took $10 off his bill for 6 months or so. Then they screwed his bills up, massive over charges, reception still horrible, etc.

He had to call them all the time! Way more patience than me. He kept getting hung up on by them- deliberately. He is very patient and seriously never rude on the phone.

Then one day, someone at Vodafone told him to send the phone back and they would let him out of the contract and refund left over money. He did this. They then claimed they never got the phone and wanted to sting him for ~$600. He went to telecommunications ombudsman... Funnily enough they withdrew the charges.

Lesson I learnt: be persistent and you can have what you want! PITA though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    Ive been converted to iPhone and won't go back to android.
    I'm the opposite. Hubby talked me over to android. I have a galaxy s3

Ahh to have a do over.

NOT A FAN!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    I switched from Samsung galaxy s to iPhone and I live my iPhone!!

Yes, I have gone to the drk side... Haha
    I'm the opposite! After having an Iphone(3 and 4s) for the past 3years I've just switched to the new Samsung Galaxy S3 - Will never ever buy and Iphone again, this phone is seriously 100 times better and easier to use. It's lighter, the screen is huge, voice rec is way better then on the 4s and the camera on this is way better then the Iphone, it seriously doesn't even compare.

Just to add, I was an avid Iphone lover, they were still good phones but I'm just liking the Galaxy a whole lot better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dp and I have both got a Galaxy s3. The battery isn't very good, but I still can't see myself going over to iphone. Android all the way :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ack. Not a fan of iPhones, i'm an Android user all the way! I upgraded from a HTC Desire to the HTC Velocity, it's awesome. Battery life could be better, but it's not a huge deal.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It all comes down to personal preference. I personally don't like how big the galaxy is.. Ive only got tiny hands and like to use my phone one handed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    I'm the opposite! After having an Iphone(3 and 4s) for the past 3years I've just switched to the new Samsung Galaxy S3 - Will never ever buy and Iphone again, this phone is seriously 100 times better and easier to use. It's lighter, the screen is huge, voice rec is way better then on the 4s and the camera on this is way better then the Iphone, it seriously doesn't even compare.

Just to add, I was an avid Iphone lover, they were still good phones but I'm just liking the Galaxy a whole lot better.
    Milktini,

Please help me love mine too!

I love the size... Bit tricky to use one-handed though.

My apps are slower. I have massive lag and this should not be! The specs in the galaxy would put some people's computers to shame. Also, I went to Telstra for the first time as I was tired or roaming and poor coverage; my Internet is slower than it was! My husband has the galaxy nexus, also with Telstra and his phone is way faster than mine despite having slightly inferior hardware. He's with Telstra too and data is fast!

Can you relate to any of these problems?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The new iphone is due in the next few months. It will bring down the price of the 4s. Not sure if that helps.