+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cycles after m/c

Hi ladies, ive just had an early miscarriage at only about 4-5 weeks. Im still bleeding (started on sunday) and when the bleeding stops i want to start trying again but i dont know how my cycle will be affected.... I.e when will i ovulate next? My situation was a weird one cos i actually had my normal period on schedule about 2 weeks ago so i didnt know i was pregnant till the dr confirmed i was miscarrying. So should i ovulate based on my period i had or do i count the first day of the m/c as my lmp?? So confused....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Court, I am so sorry for your loss. It really is a tough time, and not knowing what is happening with your body is just another thing that makes it tougher!

I also had a miscarriage and had a D&C for it just over 4 weeks ago. I am yet to have AF arrive but from my research and what my gyno said, your HCG levels need to reach zero and then your cycle starts up again. He said to expect AF anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks after. I have seen many people say that their cycle started up again on normal patterns immediately, and others that have had to wait a while. So it seems that there isn't much knowing when things will happen. I have found that I have all sort of different symptoms through the month and am usually tuned into my ovulation but am unsure if I've even ovulated at all in this first month.

Big hugs, it's a tough time but you do get stronger each day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thats interesting. So you think when hcg 0 then that is cd 1? Hopefully my mc will be over soon too

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry to hear you have both m/c as well. It is a tough thing to go through. Emotionally I am ok, I was very upset the other day when i was in worrying mode, but it all happened so fast and since I didnt know I was pregnant I didn't have time to get attached or excited. But now that I've been pregnant it's all become more real and I really want to get there now.

Hmm yeah i suppose it will just be a waiting game then to see how I go with getting back on track. I guess we'll just have to do lots of BDing just in case...which I know DH wont be complaining about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 5 weeks pregnant when I had my miscarriage on the 23rd June, I didn't start bleeding until 28th June and I only bled for 5 days. I was really keen to start trying again straightaway so used opk's as I wasn't sure if I would ovulate or not... I got a positive opk on 14 July and a positive pregnancy test on the 28th July. I am currently 5 weeks pregnant and my hcg results are going up nicely (with my miscarriage they only went down).

So my advice is to do some opk's daily from a couple of days after you stop bleeding until you get a positive. Good luck